Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 UD Ball Park?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
For those of you familiar with UD's checklist and sales sheets....when it says laundry tags and buttons but doesn't mention MLB logos; does that generally mean to not expect MLB logos?

Any word on when it will hit?

How do you feel about the 500 HR Club memorabilia cards??? Do they add to, do nothing to, or detract from the real set?

I loved 08:

tulologomlb.jpg

tulotag.jpg

TuloButton.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I think 08 took alot away from Laundry tags, logo's, and buttons but sort of watering down the market. I remember back in the day pulling a single color gu that booked 200, they need to stop making gu cards and re-focus on innovative inserts.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
agreed. if anything else have one "retro" set from the 90's with no g/u or autos (unless the autos are EXTREMELY hard to pull) with various inserts (and not have them fall one per pack)...some that are common, others are that are have difficult odds. die-cuts...

wolfmanalfredo said:
I I remember back in the day pulling a single color gu that booked 200, they need to stop making gu cards and re-focus on innovative inserts.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
markakis8 said:
agreed. if anything else have one "retro" set from the 90's with no g/u or autos (unless the autos are EXTREMELY hard to pull) with various inserts (and not have them fall one per pack)...some that are common, others are that are have difficult odds. die-cuts...

wolfmanalfredo said:
I I remember back in the day pulling a single color gu that booked 200, they need to stop making gu cards and re-focus on innovative inserts.

People wouldnt buy it.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
thenumberonemetfan said:
markakis8 said:

wolfmanalfredo said:

People wouldnt buy it.
Agreed. I'd like to see some of the super rare inserts, in all their awesome designed glory, but I don't think it will ever be the same.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
markakis8 said:

wolfmanalfredo said:

People wouldnt buy it.

I would.

Oh yeah...I forgot.I was the only person in the world who bought any Upper Deck X last year for the same reason. ::facepalm::

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Anyone remember Topps Lazer? Forgot the year but the dc's were amazing. Set never caught on, thought it would...

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Warren's All Stars said:
Anyone remember Topps Lazer? Forgot the year but the dc's were amazing. Set never caught on, thought it would...

1996 and I have the sell sheet right in front of me. I am going to get a scan up in a few.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I love seeing people say they want 90's style cards, die cuts, and rare shiny cards. Do any of those people buy UDX? That product pretty much hits that stuff right on the head, and doesn't sell at all.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
beefycheddar said:
I love seeing people say they want 90's style cards, die cuts, and rare shiny cards. Do any of those people buy UDX? That product pretty much hits that stuff right on the head, and doesn't sell at all.

of all the UD product I received for review recently, UDX will probably get the best treatment.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
i don't know about you guys but after doing some sp game used basketball, i'm getting a bit gunshy about this product. eerily similar...

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
SP Game Used basketball is selling like crap on the secondary market!
(unless it's Kobe, Jordan, or Lebron.)

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
beefycheddar said:

Why does everyone say UDX looks like a 90s style card?They look nice but they're not well designed like the cards from the 90s....and they arent rare.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
SP Game Used basketball is selling like crap on the secondary market!
(unless it's Kobe, Jordan, or Lebron.)

that's why i'm nervous about cracking ballpark since it's similar in the swatches and tags

Members online

Latest posts