Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps UNIQUE Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Card Magnet said:
Just what the hobby needs....a manufactured Obama bat plate card. ::facepalm::

Other than that, this stuff looks awesome!

Agreed. That knob is cool...don't think I've seen that before.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Jeff D said:
[quote="Card Magnet":3vc9uv7y]Just what the hobby needs....a manufactured Obama bat plate card. ::facepalm::

Other than that, this stuff looks awesome!

Agreed. That knob is cool...don't think I've seen that before.[/quote:3vc9uv7y]
Agreed. That's gotta be one super thick card. The design on it is phenomenal. The Pujols tag is also one of the nicest tag cards I've seen as far as designs go.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
All I can say is WOW! Again, I wished they would keep politics out of baseball cards, but other than that, these look awesome. If this is what Topps is gonna bring with their exclusive deal, I'm cool with that. Now if we could just get Upper Deck to sell some of those exclusive player contracts, we'd be alright. Nothing says ::facepalm:: than a Griffey memorabilia card with no logos or team names.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like more overpriced garbage to me. Stickers on high end products is really lame. Other than that, what is so "unique" about it? Looks like a mix of triple threads and sterling.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
chashawk said:
A_Pharis said:
I believe knobs have been done before.
you said knob....hehe

29c7_12.jpg

I know those cards say that they're knobs, but I'm pretty sure those are slices of the INSIDE of the knob, not the actual bottom of the knob.

I don't recall seeing cards that are the outside of the knob, but certainly could be wrong.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
This looks like the actual knob to me

31138500101.jpg

also in 2007 UD Artifacts

35281970101.jpg

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
chashawk said:
This looks like the actual knob to me

31138500101.jpg

That does look like the actual knob, as does the second one. Hadn't seen those before, thanks.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Jeff D said:
I know those cards say that they're knobs, but I'm pretty sure those are slices of the INSIDE of the knob, not the actual bottom of the knob.

I don't recall seeing cards that are the outside of the knob, but certainly could be wrong.

I like this one a lot!
2005DonrussPrimePatchesPortraitsBat.jpg

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Hey, but MLB is cutting the number of licenses so "kids" will get back into collecting. I'm sure that "kids" will have fun using their allowance to pay for these packs.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jimmyjam1973 said:
Hey, but MLB is cutting the number of licenses so "kids" will get back into collecting. I'm sure that "kids" will have fun using their allowance to pay for these packs.
chashawk said:
Umm....http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57974

Supposed to be a "mid-level" product according to Topps.

So my guess is, it's going to be complete crap, and these images
are going to be the multi (every 5th) case hit.
Anyone else notice that these are all 1/1's or /10's ??
They are showcasing the HITS of the product.

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
chashawk said:
Anyone else notice that these are all 1/1's or /10's ??
They are showcasing the HITS of the product.

Of course they're showing the case hits. How else will they be able to drum up interest in the set? Would you rather have 15 pics of base cards?

Also, I think Topps should get a thumbs up for this offering, as they've been ragged on for years for not competing with UD on the high end products. Give Topps a chance, this is a first for them, and lets reserve judgment until a checklist and more pics have surfaced. I do like what I see so far though.

I for one am glad that Topps is at least trying to offer us some good high end products that are somewhat comparable to past offerings from UD. I am delightfully surprised that Topps is taking that exclusivity they have for 2010 on, and running with it. Hopefully we'll be seeing more products like this in the future.