Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sorry to mention "Burge" again, but unnumbered Gold Ref's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Good 'ol Kev has 3 auctions up now with the following Gold Refractors claiming there are no serial #'s on the back of them:

2006 Yovani Gallardo BC Gold Ref. BGS 9.5

2006 Kyle Blanks BC Gold Ref. BGS 9.5

2006 Cameron Maybin BC Gold Ref. BGS 9.5

My apologies if this has been posted or discussed before, but ss it me? Am I in the dark concerning Non-Serial #'d 2006 Gold Refractors? Or is this Richard Noggin somehow able to remove or "fill in" serial 'd cards now as well as all of his other tricks??

Someone fill me in if I've simply not heard or seen of this before. Btw, He doesn't picture the back of any the 3 cards in question.....

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
carlitoson said:
Randy Shields said:
Hallsgator said:

Thanks for the link.

And of course some of these cards would fall into this crooks clutches. :x
And of course Beckett does a ~great~ job protecting the integrity of the hobby by grading them! The greed at all levels is frustrating to say the least. :evil:
I'm very disappointed with Beckett (what a shocker). They should have labeled it as being some type of variant, not a regular gold refractor. Such as "prototype" "sample" or "pre-production".

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Ineresting. Here is the question and the answer that I received when I asked the seller forgetmenots29xz (from the seller in Hallsgator's link) about these cards:

"Hello. May I ask why you have so many '06 BC Gold Ref.'s that are clearly not serial #'d when mthey're supposed to be?
Thanks a lot."

His answer was: "they are replacement cards released from topps at national thanks"

I was there, but didn't have time to see what was going on as I was set up and extremely busy, but did anyone else who was there hear anything about this? Freedom Mods?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Randy Shields said:
Ineresting. Here is the question and the answer that I received when I asked the seller forgetmenots29xz (from the seller in Hallsgator's link) about these cards:

"Hello. May I ask why you have so many '06 BC Gold Ref.'s that are clearly not serial #'d when mthey're supposed to be?
Thanks a lot."

His answer was: "they are replacement cards released from topps at national thanks"

I was there, but didn't have time to see what was going on as I was set up and extremely busy, but did anyone else who was there hear anything about this? Freedom Mods?

Topps wasn't at the National.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
beefycheddar said:
Randy Shields said:

Thanks a lot."

Topps wasn't at the National.

Possibly last year or an obvious lie then I would think Rob.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The cards are legit, just they were backdoored by some source. Do not know exactly who, but these were not given out by Topps to collectors.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Well I wouldn't be surprised if they were floating around the National somehow. Burdge was obviously there as most know and he could have snatched some and had them graded, thus the current auctions. The seller forgetmenots29xz from Toledo, OH could have brought them to the show and sold some to our favorite piehole.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
He bought them at the ECN presumably rcr'ed them. I saw those cards too and passed on them. The guy who had them is a good guy who biught the lot of someone. We all know where these came from. The slimey thing about Burge is passing them off as rare and 1/1's par for the course i suppose.

Randy Shields said:
Good 'ol Kev has 3 auctions up now with the following Gold Refractors claiming there are no serial #'s on the back of them:

2006 Yovani Gallardo BC Gold Ref. BGS 9.5

2006 Kyle Blanks BC Gold Ref. BGS 9.5

2006 Cameron Maybin BC Gold Ref. BGS 9.5

My apologies if this has been posted or discussed before, but ss it me? Am I in the dark concerning Non-Serial #'d 2006 Gold Refractors? Or is this Richard Noggin somehow able to remove or "fill in" serial 'd cards now as well as all of his other tricks??

Someone fill me in if I've simply not heard or seen of this before. Btw, He doesn't picture the back of any the 3 cards in question.....

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I called topps when the sell forgetmenots was selling 60 of them. They were never released or given away. I was told they would investigate and the cards were either fakes or stolen proofs. This Burge mother phucker is un-real, he is prob. the one who won all the auctions from forgetmenots.