Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Project Complete. Just moved to #1 on the PSA Set Registry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I was just thinking to myself yesterday, if I had to trade my Grace collection for someone else's player collection on these boards, who's would it be? And your Santos were my first choice.

Now looking at your registery... even more convinced! Sweet stuff.

Two comments:
The description on 1962-1965 JAY PUBLISHING PHOTOS-TYPE 2 RON SANTO TANK IN BACKGROUND made me laugh. I was thinking an Army Tank before I clicked on the photo. Was envisioning the Cubs under attack!

Never knew about the 1963 wrong photo card. That was new for me. Cool error!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
That's really impressive! Big thumbs up for providing scans of your collection - I know the registry high rollers typically don't provide them, but when I'm browsing the registry, I'm always drawn to the folks who take the time to show their collection off.

I'm guessing because of scarcity the Venezuelan and Bazookas you're missing are high dollar cards, right? Do you have a plan/timetable for picking those off?

Again, beautiful collection. Congrats on reaching the registration mountaintop!

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
gracecollector said:
I was just thinking to myself yesterday, if I had to trade my Grace collection for someone else's player collection on these boards, who's would it be? And your Santos were my first choice.

Now looking at your registery... even more convinced! Sweet stuff.

Two comments:
The description on 1962-1965 JAY PUBLISHING PHOTOS-TYPE 2 RON SANTO TANK IN BACKGROUND made me laugh. I was thinking an Army Tank before I clicked on the photo. Was envisioning the Cubs under attack!

Never knew about the 1963 wrong photo card. That was new for me. Cool error!

Brad- Thanks for the nice words. The Jays Publishing photos do have some cool descriptions. I just need to build a website as cool as yours someday.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
TNP777 said:
That's really impressive! Big thumbs up for providing scans of your collection - I know the registry high rollers typically don't provide them, but when I'm browsing the registry, I'm always drawn to the folks who take the time to show their collection off.

I'm guessing because of scarcity the Venezuelan and Bazookas you're missing are high dollar cards, right? Do you have a plan/timetable for picking those off?

Again, beautiful collection. Congrats on reaching the registration mountaintop!

Thanks for the nice comments. Some of the set registry guys hate to show off their cards as they are so competitive but I like to be able to look at them as you mentioned as there as some great collections out there. I am in the process of acquring all of the Venezuelan cards that I need in the next 6 months but they are so expensive. As for the Bazooka's, I may never acquire 3 of the panels as the 61 has Mantle on it and the 68's have too many HOFers on them as they are large panels. The search continues though.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
RandomH said:
The 65 Topps is just an awesome card. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. Actually the only PSA 10 of that card just closed Monday night for a cool $1776. Needless to say it was out of my price range.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Awesome collection.
I noticed the pictures are switched for the 1974 Topps Stamps and the 1974 Topps Traded cards.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
tyweb1 said:
RandomH said:

Thanks. Actually the only PSA 10 of that card just closed Monday night for a cool $1776. Needless to say it was out of my price range.

wow looks like someone is after your #1 spot

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jeremy said:
tyweb1 said:
RandomH said:

wow looks like someone is after your #1 spot

or the 65 set collectors.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
The PSA set collectors have very deep pockets which is why it can be so tough to acquire low numbered high grade vintage cards.

Members online

Latest posts