Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roberto Luongo signs 12 year extension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Roberto Luongo and the Vancouver Canucks agreed on a 12 year $64 million contract extension which runs through the 2021-22 season. this seems like a pretty good deal for both Luongo and the Canucks.

TSN.ca

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like long extensions are becoming the norm. Place the most money in the first 6 years of the contract and make the last few years only worth a million or so per year.

I'm not an expert and could be wrong but to me it seems like it is good for the team, good for the player, but not so good for the teams who struggle to make money.

Glad we locked out a few years ago, accomplished alot ::facepalm::

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
This is great news for Vancouver, with the other pick ups I like the way we look. Vancouver just needs to trade a D and Schnieder for a top 6 forward and then we are set.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Great signing for them. The cap hit is great value per season for a top 5 goalie. His post season history is lacking but the Canucks seem to be building up to change that.