Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

As One Door Closes, Another Opens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeremy Hermida OF Florida Marlins
Height: 6'3' Weight: 210 DOB: 1/30/1984 Age: 25 Bats: L Throws: R
Sep. 3, 2009 - 9:09 a.m. ET

Jeremy Hermida departed Wednesday's game after six innings with a strain in his right intercostal muscle.

The intercostal muscle runs between the ribs and strains can cause all sorts of problems. "I felt it grab," said Hermida. "I came in, put some ice on it, and we'll see how it feels [Thursday]." He's likely to miss a couple of games, which should open playing time for Cameron Maybin.

Source: Marlins.mlb.com

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jaypers said:
blazers091 said:
overrated

I'm starting to feel that way about Hermida too.

Or maybe, just snake bitten.

He clearly has the ability to be a solid big league outfielder, but injuries and some performance issues have hindered reaching his ceiling.

He does have one of the nicer left-handed swings I have ever seen though, even though that means nothing.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
NECpilgrims8 said:
He does have one of the nicer left-handed swings I have ever seen though, even though that means nothing.

That's because there not always a ball getting in the way of the bat...

(I like him, and hope he puts it together)

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Thinking he will be traded to the Mets or another team. Good bat, but can't 1. stay healthy, and 2. can't seem to perform when needed.

As for Hermida.. not starting a "rumor" as my buddies know him well. My friend use to play basketball with him at the gym, and his sophmore year he was a skinny kid, and pimply kid, and the next year he looked like Teen wolf, and was a beast. not sure but that sounds "FISHY" (No pun intended). Hate to see him do badly as he is a local kid, and I am a homer! haha

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:
blazers091 said:
overrated

He clearly has the ability to be a solid big league outfielder, but injuries and some performance issues have hindered reaching his ceiling.

Jesus Christ, prospectors are jaded

He's been starting for 2-3 years now. How big of a sample size do you need before admitting he's a subpar OF at best?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
JoshHamilton said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:
blazers091 said:
overrated

Jesus Christ, prospectors are jaded

He's been starting for 2-3 years now. How big of a sample size do you need before admitting he's a subpar OF at best?

Who said anything about prospectors?

I was stating my opinion about him as a major league player. Clearly he is still young, so ceiling is the correct term.

You need to chill man.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Hermida used to be collectible to some die hard marlins fans + for awhile, some deranged prospectors (namely mudcatsfan + myself) were hoarding his 02 bcdp parallels like no tomorrow. I think mudcats still has his hermy stash, but I’m not sure. The good thing is that I bought my hermidas when he was ridiculously cheap b/c along w/granderson + some of the others, hermy was one of the cheaper guys in 02 bcdp + unlike the “flashes in the pan” who have a .2 second spike, hermy cards kept rising, falling, rising, falling + you could make good $ if you bought/sold @ the right times. I sold all of my hermys quite awhile ago (may have 1 bgs 9.5 ref left, but I can’t recall whether I sold it) + my stash had long since paid for itself many times over. Just b/c a prospect doesn’t become a LongoMan or a BraunBashster doesn’t mean you can’t make $ off of them.

As for hermida, I’d like to see him put it together b/c he seems like he has the potential + he seems like a good guy character wise.

As for maybin, I’d also like to see him put it together, but I’m not holding my hopes (or my wallet) on either of them putting it together to the point where their prices rise substantially.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I hope Hermida has a decent season next year.

Ive had him on my bench for the year, and he was doing good early on then started to struggle.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What? He hasn't K'd in every at-bat?

What happened, Mario? I believed you!

Members online

Latest posts