Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ohh how the mighty have fallen..UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Ohh how the mighty have fallen..

Is it wrong of me to think that ever $525 is way too high and wish I had it at the same time (don't ask me why, but I like Gordon, whether he pans out or not, just like I like Delmon Young).

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

flightposite said:
Is it wrong of me to think that ever $525 is way too high and wish I had it at the same time (don't ask me why, but I like Gordon, whether he pans out or not, just like I like Delmon Young).

Not at all..I was kind of laughing at myself when I put the $525 in, but I felt like I needed to have it. Its similar to something obscene that you cant take your eyes off of I guess. I seriously doubt I will ever get anywhere near what I just spent on it again if I move it, but I had to have it.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

Do you remember what any of his other reds had sold for in the past?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

Lally1 said:

No, but I distinctly remember golds getting $800+.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

Jays_Cards said:
Lally1 said:

No, but I distinctly remember golds getting $800+.
Wow. IF he is able to turn it around, you have money in the bank man,

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

timryan111 said:
I had an orange raw that I got 1250 for.

Wow..I knew his cards were high, but that is insane. That puts the red above $2000 at its peak. I know it will almost 100% not reach that level again, but I like Gordon and I still think he will be a special player. He is still only 25.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008

Jays_Cards said:
timryan111 said:
I had an orange raw that I got 1250 for.

Wow..I knew his cards were high, but that is insane. That puts the red above $2000 at its peak. I know it will almost 100% not reach that level again, but I like Gordon and I still think he will be a special player. He is still only 25.

Be a lot nicer if he was only 23 though. :p

Baseball players' prime years are 26-28... You better hope he flicks the switch next year and improves a TON.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008

A hot start is all ya need for that to double. A player doesn't have to get in the HOF to make money on him. He's at the age now where a lot of players power numbers really start to show. Hopefully this happens next season.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008

Highest his gold ref au ever hit was 1400. I pulled a gold ref au of him in 06 and someone hit the BIN. don't know why the person hit the BIN since @ the time (peak prices), golds were going for 700-900. gotta love those deranged prospectors :lol:

Hope it pans out for you jay- beautiful card.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

rainmanesq said:
Highest his gold ref au ever hit was 1400. I pulled a gold ref au of him in 06 and someone hit the BIN. don't know why the person hit the BIN since @ the time (peak prices), golds were going for 700-900. gotta love those deranged prospectors :lol:

Hope it pans out for you jay- beautiful card.

Thank you. I am definitely hoping for the same. If not, I have another card to throw into my Red Ref collection.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL

That's a great looking card. I'll always like Gordon even if he doesn't become what everyone thought he was. I have an auto'd baseball and an auto'd GU bat from the AFL of his. Justinmandawg can probably tell you what the reds have sold for, I think he used to own one.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

The window has closed, even if he gets hot in spring training or for a short period, players who don't continue
their excellence through the year just don't get those amazing chromes prices. This guy will have to go
Pujols for the year to get back to those prices, there are too many collectors who just think of this guy as a
bust and they would rather pay stupid money for someone who hasn't hit the majors yet.

Kevin

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Lally1 said:

I have a Beckett Rookie Rolodex from '06 and inside there is a photo of a raw Gordon red refractor that someone wasted something like $3500 for one of those if I'm not mistaken.Umm...buyer's remorse?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

I disagree here. Its gonna take more then a hot start to kick start his cards again. Its not that easy anymore to get hot again. You gotta do alot more then you used to.

AKA Coastal said:
A hot start is all ya need for that to double. A player doesn't have to get in the HOF to make money on him. He's at the age now where a lot of players power numbers really start to show. Hopefully this happens next season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts