Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CUSTOM Showoff Time - Ty Cobb Cut Auto PSA/DNA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Here's the prototype....quite happy. I didn't request even one change from the first prototype - SUPERB!

cobb-sluggers.jpg

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Re: CUSTOM Showoff Time - Ty Cobb!

If I'm correct, and Mike designed those, then my previous statements on his work stand.... simply amazing. Better than anything I've seen, as usual with Mike's stuff.

I have one question on the Cobb, why is his name reversed below his right hand?

Casey

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

caseya10781 said:
If I'm correct, and Mike designed those, then my previous statements on his work stand.... simply amazing. Better than anything I've seen, as usual with Mike's stuff.

Casey
My thought exactly. Also, I don't like the inclusion of Pujols on the quad being that his career is not over. Unless that is a season stat, his slugging percentage will change.

EDIT: I see that it is career and his slugging % is now sitting @ .629!

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee

IndyMann said:
caseya10781 said:

Casey
My thought exactly. Also, I don't like the inclusion of Pujols on the quad being that his career is not over. Unless that is a season stat, his slugging percentage will change.

Good point. Pujols could get better, or he could get worse, but odds are that he won't have the exact same numbers when he retires. Amazing nonetheless.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

IndyMann said:
caseya10781 said:

Casey

I know his career slugging will change, but many times cards list stats at the time even though it may change. I will have him change it to .629 or whatever it is at time of print. I do agree it may be a little premature, but still wanted this concept card, but thanks for your input.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Oh, it's a great card. It was just the first thing that came to mind. Congrats on those, by the way. Do you have scans of the cards you will be destroying to create this card??

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

hofautos said:
IndyMann said:
caseya10781 said:

Casey

I know his career slugging will change, but many times cards list stats at the time even though it may change. I will have him change it to .629 or whatever it is at time of print. I do agree it may be a little premature, but still wanted this concept card, but thanks for your input.

I might put back the production of the card until the post season starts so that the slugging percentage will be stagnant for the end of the '09 season, if that makes sense. Awesome stuff none the less!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

IndyMann said:
Oh, it's a great card. It was just the first thing that came to mind. Congrats on those, by the way. Do you have scans of the cards you will be destroying to create this card??

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

IndyMann said:
IndyMann said:

Last time I showed pics of cards I used, i had a few people upset that I would destroy perfectly good cards, so I'm screwed if I show and screwed if I don't :lol:

greatest_sluggers_sm.jpg

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009

hofautos said:
IndyMann said:
IndyMann said:

Last time I showed pics of cards I used, i had a few people upset that I would destroy perfectly good cards, so I'm screwed if I show and screwed if I don't :lol:

greatest_sluggers_sm.jpg

Wow i give you major props from haveing the guts to take apart those cards to make your own!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

I can't believe you're ruining those cards to make a custom. What a complete idi...just kidding.

I just like to see the originals that will be no more.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

Daltonb1219 said:
Wow i give you major props from haveing the guts to take apart those cards to make your own!

I would NOT destroy and make them myself....I only trust 200lbhockey now. I don't even send stuff to knuckles anymore.

That Ted williams card will actually be used to make 2 cards. Only the "9" is being used for the quad...THe "MVP" will be kept in tact to make another of these:
2custom.jpg

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Yeah I know Mike makes them. And he does absolutely impressive work. He should get the card companies to come to his house and put on a clinic on how to make quality cuts.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009

hofautos said:
Daltonb1219 said:

I would NOT destroy and make them myself....I only trust 200lbhockey now. I don't even send stuff to knuckles anymore.

That Ted williams card will actually be used to make 2 cards. Only the "9" is being used for the quad...THe "MVP" will be kept in tact to make another of these:
2custom.jpg

ohh lmao im sorry i thought you were going to do it yourself