Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball since...

Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball since...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Since I consider the "TEST OF LONGEVITY" one of the most important stats, I say since Griffey....he could have a career ending injury tomorrow, and then I wouldn't put him above Griffey, because he failed the "TEST OF LONGEVITY". I would consider him the best player for the short term he is played, but that is the best I could give him.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, although I think Pujols is great, it seems foolish to me to even attempt to say he is "best player since....." while comparing him to full carears. Right now, I'd say he is on track to be mentioned in the same sentance as thoes listed, but time will ultimately have to tell.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
I think he will go down as the best ever if he continues on his current pace.

Never gonna happen.

Even if he can outright duplicate his first 9 years with the next 9 years, it will put him in eliete company, but certinly not put him beyone everyone. Should he be able to maintain a carear that is considered one of the best? I think so, but is it possible for him to claim 'best ever'? Not possible.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
matfanofold said:
cowboysrule48 said:

Never gonna happen.

Even if he can outright duplicate his first 9 years with the next 9 years, it will put him in eliete company, but certinly not put him beyone everyone. Should he be able to maintain a carear that is considered one of the best? I think so, but is it possible for him to claim 'best ever'? Not possible.

I should clarify. To me he could very will be the best hitter every by the team he retires, maybe not all-around player, but best hitter. The level of competition is so much better than that of the guys like Ruth had to face.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I think we should be clear that we're talking offense only.
To compare his offense AND defense as a package to players such as Mays or Griffey is a joke.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
matfanofold said:
cowboysrule48 said:

Never gonna happen.

I should clarify. To me he could very will be the best hitter every by the team he retires, maybe not all-around player, but best hitter. The level of competition is so much better than that of the guys like Ruth had to face.

Ah, ok you are factoring in the level of competetion then, yes?

Still I disagree, but opinions, you know.. :D

Just curious, but where do you see him finishing numbers wise?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Jeff D said:
To compare his offense AND defense as a package to players such as Mays or Griffey is a joke.
You make it sound like Pujols is not the best defensive first baseman in baseball....

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Jeff D said:
You make it sound like Pujols is not the best defensive first baseman in baseball....

I don't think he is, and he's my favorite player. I'll take Tex over him when it comes to the glove.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Topnotchsy said:
Jeff D said:

I dont think he is the best 1B is baseball, but even if he was its hard to compare that to an elite CF.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I pick Barry Bonds.I never seen anybody who had better Hand/Eye Cordination/Bat Speed in the 25+ years i watched Baseball....He was lucky to see 1-2 good pitches a few years ago and still managed to make the other team pay.I don't another player could do that,not even Pujols.

I do believe that Pujols is the best player today and the best righthanded hitter since Frank Thomas in his prime.

Members online

Latest posts