Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeter 1/1. Is now the time to sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I pulled this last year and listed it a couple of times on the Bay and wasn't blown away with some of the offers that I received so I kept it.
I am wondering if the time is now to sell since he is 4 hits from becoming the Yankees all time leader in hits?

rc052f.jpg

rc052b.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Base Topps 1/1, pretty popular card, you should do very well no matter when you decide to sell the card. Would
you get more during a world series run, yep, could he get injured tomorrow..yep. It's up to you. Good Luck

Kevin

biggmack2001

Aug 9, 2008
Cleveland NY
In my opinion I dont think now is the time to sell anything high end as Ebay sales have been very low recently and now as many have stated is the time to buy.
AJ

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I remember you bringing this card up a couple times earlier in the year here, I was trying to talk you down from placing an outrageous BIN but was unsuccessful. Why don't you just put it up starting at 99 cents, placing a reserve amount if you want to sell it for that price??

klute14 said:
I pulled this last year and listed it a couple of times on the Bay and wasn't blown away with some of the offers that I received so I kept it.
I am wondering if the time is now to sell since he is 4 hits from becoming the Yankees all time leader in hits?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
uniquebaseballcards said:
I remember you bringing this card up a couple times earlier in the year here, I was trying to talk you down from placing an outrageous BIN but was unsuccessful. Why don't you just put it up starting at 99 cents, placing a reserve amount if you want to sell it for that price??

klute14 said:

because reserves hurt the end price of an auction

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
this is the safest guy in MLB, and maybe the most popular.

there will always be guys gunning for his cards. with what the yanks spend on players he could get to another WS in the next few years, but other than that just sell it

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I'd list it at 7 day auction and let it ride. There are a ton of Jeter supercollector's out there and all it takes are 2 high snipes, whereas BIN/BO can turn off potential buyers on a card like that.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
JEA2880 said:
I'd list it at 7 day auction and let it ride. There are a ton of Jeter supercollector's out there and all it takes are 2 high snipes, whereas BIN/BO can turn off potential buyers on a card like that.

Thats what I'd do too. When buying, I rearely even open an auction that has a ridiculous BIN/BO due to the fact that alot of sellers want way too much for their stuff. Then again, sometimes they go at a fair price but for the most part I don't even bother. I don't know how much you can get for that, since Jeter is the face of the Yankees and his popularity is as high as its ever been, you should get what....200?

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
wolfmanalfredo said:
JEA2880 said:

Thats what I'd do too. When buying, I rearely even open an auction that has a ridiculous BIN/BO due to the fact that alot of sellers want way too much for their stuff. Then again, sometimes they go at a fair price but for the most part I don't even bother. I don't know how much you can get for that, since Jeter is the face of the Yankees and his popularity is as high as its ever been, you should get what....200?

Try 350-450.00 all it takes is 2 collectors.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
thenumberonemetfan said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
JEA2880 said:

Ye it's an older Jeter 1/1 from a fairly popular set. I would say at least $350.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
MOFNY said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
JEA2880 said:

Ye it's an older Jeter 1/1 from a fairly popular set. I would say at least $350.

I think it goes over $500 at auction. Maybe I'm being naive, but I see it more in that range.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I have to agree, the best way to sell that card is to auction it off from .99 and let it ride with no reserve. This will without doubt suck in every Jeter collector and as said before, only a couple deep pocketed bidders at the end will turn very profitable.

Ultimately, and in my humble opinion, it's not the most flashy or 'in demand' Jeter 1/1 out there so I would just let it ride, send it off and move along reguardless the selling price.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I don't think it matters when you sell it, it's going to sell for a decent price no matter what. The extra umph will just depend if you are lucky enough to expose the card when super high end jeter guys are searching ebay. I doubt that any random guy will just say, oooh, a rookie cup jeter 1/1, I gotta have that.

You can sell at any time while the yankees are still playing baseball, and actually the off season may not make that much of a difference if it's before christmas.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I disagree with the whole start at .99 cents and let it ride, if you do that you are selling it for the least
two people are willing to go. No one is going to offer you more money for the card if they don't have to.
If buyer A thinks the card is worth 400 bucks and buyer B 200 bucks, guess what, it is only going to
go for 200 bucks, but if you ride it out there with a high BIN and take offers, chances are buyer A is
going to give you more than 200 bucks for it.

Its a Jeter 1/1 from a popular set, you are in the drivers seat, unless you need the money right now, make
collectors think about it for a while, there are plenty of high end Jeter collectors who would want that
card and they are all thinking, if I don't get it now, I will never see it again.

Stick it up with a high BIN and take offers. The oldest trick in the book is a buyer asking...how much do
you want for it? They know you might be low. Make them name the price and go from there! 99
cent let is ride takes the control out of your hands and you don't want that. Who says someone is out
of the country or a snipe doesn't hit and suddenly you have given a guy who was ready to pay 400 for
it a deal at much less.

Good Luck!

Kevin

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Thanks for all of the replies.

Like everyone else, I want to maximize my profit without giving the card away.
Conversely, if I do put a reserve or a BIN, my fear is that it will drive away potential bidders.

Ahhhhh, decisions.

Members online

Latest posts