Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "There's No Crying in Baseball" Poll

Have you ever cried watching a baseball game?

• YES - Tears of joy or happiness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
You don't have to say why if you don't want to, but have you ever shed a tear for something that happened at a baseball game? Either watching it in person or on TV - like a World Series win or loss, a tribute to a player or a nation (9/11), or any other event. Feel free to state why if you're man or woman enough to admit it!

I got misty eyed at the end of the 2001 World Series, when Gonzo got his bloop hit and Grace finally got to be mobbed in a world championship dog pile.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
I was at the Brewer game the day they retired Robin Yount's number. The tributes to the man who was the Brewers to me growing up definitely brought a few tears to my eyes and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I cried as a kid (in grief) watching the 1986 World Series.

I teared up in joy talking to my dad after the 2004 World Series. Not the game itself, but hearing him. That counts.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I cried when I seen Jim Edmonds, Mike Matheny and other Cardinals completely breaking down and sobbing after Daryl Kile died. That was the saddest I have ever been sporting wise. Was such a tragic few days for Cardinal Nation. First Jack Buck dying, then DK. There is a picture of DK in the dugout and he has the JFB patch on his right sleeve that always makes me sad. Because who could have thought that just a few days later the Cardinals would be wearing a DK57 patch on the opposite sleeve. But seeing my heroes openly sobbing uncontrolably really got to me. I am sad right now writing this and thinking of Edmonds on the stage. And part of me is smiling on the inside that this thread was started by a Cubs fan, lol. Only props I have ever given the Cubs are from that day with Girardi. Well, this is the 1st time I have done that actually.
So there you go, Sam Banks has officially given props to the Cubs. Too bad it took DK dying to get it. I feel dirty now. :)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sam Banks said:
I cried when I seen Jim Edmonds, Mike Matheny and other Cardinals completely breaking down and sobbing after Daryl Kile died. That was the saddest I have ever been sporting wise. Was such a tragic few days for Cardinal Nation. First Jack Buck dying, then DK. There is a picture of DK in the dugout and he has the JFB patch on his right sleeve that always makes me sad. Because who could have thought that just a few days later the Cardinals would be wearing a DK57 patch on the opposite sleeve. But seeing my heroes openly sobbing uncontrolably really got to me. I am sad right now writing this and thinking of Edmonds on the stage. And part of me is smiling on the inside that this thread was started by a Cubs fan, lol. Only props I have ever given the Cubs are from that day with Girardi. Well, this is the 1st time I have done that actually.
So there you go, Sam Banks has officially given props to the Cubs. Too bad it took DK dying to get it. I feel dirty now. :)

I was actually trying to remember if I cried or not watching that. It was very sad. The Cubs organization did alright that day. Even being our arch enemies, they showed proper respect, dignity, and common sense.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I have a picture in my PhotoBucket of Jim Edmonds in the locker room spraying champagne or beer all over a DK jersey that was hanging in the middle of the Cardinals clubhouse during a postgame celebration. Will never forget Matt Morris that season during the All Star introductions holding up his hands and having DK 57 written on them. Or the jersey hanging in the dugout all season long, and Morris carrying his jersey onto the field for the Cardinals playoff celebration. Man that was such a sad season.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Hugging my wife and son after game five when the Phillies finally won the WFC... I squeezed out a tear of joy or two.

And I'll happily turn in my man card if we can do it again this year.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
bradical said:
Watching the replays of the 1999 All-Star game at Fenway when Ted Williams threw out the first pitch. What a moment.

Wasn't that the game where John Henry wheeled him out wearing a baseball cap of his company? The shilling made me ill.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I cried my last high school football game. And when it was announced in the locker room after practice my Soph year that one of my best friends on the team`s football career was done because he had to have brain surgery. That was terrible. I lost it. He was a great football player. He could continue playing basketball, but had to wear a sparring helmet. And he still kicked major ass.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
I cried watching Dave Dravecky break his arm after coming back from cancer. That is still a sickening sound in my head - at 10 years old it was down right traumatic. Got a little emotion with Ripken breaking Gehrig's record as well.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Gets me every time :(

[youtube:eyq48zfy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj434vCtNRw[/youtube:eyq48zfy]

Heard he's still driving a car at 98, so it seems he is in good health, just not up to announcing.

Her's to another 99 years Mr. Sheppard!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
This is the picture that always makes me sad.

kile_zoom.jpg

kile625.jpg

girardi_zoom.jpg

gal_sports_matheny.jpg

kannon.jpg

VTNScfw6.jpg

lJd5XiZs.jpg

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
The guy that mention Dave Draveky breaking his arm. My father was fighting cancer at that time and Draveky's arm really broke me down.

Also being a Mets fan, everytime the Mutts take the field these days I cry like a little girl.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I teared up a little when the Brewers got the final out during the Braun-game last season while I was waiting for the Mets to choke vs. the Marlins. I just have waited SOOO long for a playoff appearance.

It was a little draining.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts