Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you/would you store base chromes on thepit?

Do you/would you store base chromes on thepit?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I have a bunch of chromes that are pretty much taking up space right now and are all available for trade on thepit. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about just storing cards there. I know they won't necessarily send me the exact copies if i ask for them back but thats not a concern of mine right now. It costs $0.10 per card to place them into my portfolio. Its also really easy to sell and dropship cards from thepit. Looking for any good/bad stories or experiences with them. I know that i kept my Buchholz in there and made out real well after his no-no so I am leaning towards moving all the chromes that are on their market there tomorrow.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Depends. Are they chromes of guys that are “longshots”- e.g. going to cost $.10 to store a card of some 27 yo who may never make it and even if he does, it’s going to be a $1 card? Are they guys who are going to likely move up in price fairly soon? Do you just have 1-2 chromes of each guy or do you have 10+? Would it be better to sell the chromes in 1 large lot now + take that $ + put it into something else? For every buchholz, there are a lot of duds and more often than not, it’s better for people to sell their random chromes in bulk on ebay.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
rainmanesq said:
Depends. Are they chromes of guys that are “longshots”- e.g. going to cost $.10 to store a card of some 27 yo who may never make it and even if he does, it’s going to be a $1 card? Are they guys who are going to likely move up in price fairly soon? Do you just have 1-2 chromes of each guy or do you have 10+? Would it be better to sell the chromes in 1 large lot now + take that $ + put it into something else? For every buchholz, there are a lot of duds and more often than not, it’s better for people to sell their random chromes in bulk on ebay.

Here is what I have that I will probably send:

49 05 BCDP Michael Bowden
2 07 bcdp Michael Saunders
5 07 BCDP Joba Green
4 07 BCDP Price
1 07 BCDP Laporta
1 07 BCDP Bumgarner
2 07 BCDP Heyward
3 07 BCDP Fairley
1 05 BCDP Clement
1 05 BCDP Tulowitzki
3 05 BCDP Buchholz
6 05 BCDP Lowrie
9 06 BCDP Jason Place

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
why send them when you dont have too. You can still sell them w/o having the cards there.

mredsox89 said:
I have a bunch of chromes that are pretty much taking up space right now and are all available for trade on thepit. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about just storing cards there. I know they won't necessarily send me the exact copies if i ask for them back but thats not a concern of mine right now. It costs $0.10 per card to place them into my portfolio. Its also really easy to sell and dropship cards from thepit. Looking for any good/bad stories or experiences with them. I know that i kept my Buchholz in there and made out real well after his no-no so I am leaning towards moving all the chromes that are on their market there tomorrow.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jcmint said:
why send them when you dont have too. You can still sell them w/o having the cards there.

mredsox89 said:

I would rather send all the cards now rather than one every time i want to sell a card to save on the shipping to LA every single time. I'm also much more likely to sell a $3+ card if all i have to do is click sell rather than check the price every day on there and then send single cards. None of these would grade a 9.5

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jmc280zx said:
When did they start charging you $.10 a card to add your cards to your portfolio???

No idea. But i submitted 36 cards like 2 months ago and then a -$3.60 balance appeared and when I asked thepit staff they told me about the $0.10 per card charge.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
mredsox89 said:
jmc280zx said:
When did they start charging you $.10 a card to add your cards to your portfolio???

No idea. But i submitted 36 cards like 2 months ago and then a -$3.60 balance appeared and when I asked thepit staff they told me about the $0.10 per card charge.

Good to know.. I just packaged up a huge order to send in guess Im gonna have to rethink if some of them are worth the $.10 fee..

Also just found this on there site. So some times it might just be cheaper to sel l them first since there is not the $.10 per card fees.

++++Depositing Cards without fulfilling an SNIA trade will now incur a $0.10 per card fee (minimum of $1 per package sent in). SNIA deposits will still be free of charge. ++++

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I've never heard of the .10 thing. You sure about this?

NM: Your right. Still worth it. 100 cards of a player get hot. You can sell instantly and usually for more. Worth the $10.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
AKA Coastal said:
++++Depositing Cards without fulfilling an SNIA trade will now incur a $0.10 per card fee (minimum of $1 per package sent in). SNIA deposits will still be free of charge. ++++

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Thepit is just as good as Ebay when it comes to a player getting hot, called up, or throwing a no-no etc. People buy like crazy without really thinking about it. Most recent example. Wade Davis chromes were selling better on thepit.com than Ebay.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
AKA Coastal said:

NM: Your right. Still worth it. 100 cards of a player get hot. You can sell instantly and usually for more. Worth the $10.

This is what I'm thinking of submitting.

49 05 BCDP Michael Bowden
2 07 bcdp Michael Saunders
2 07 BCDP Joba Green
4 07 BCDP Price
1 07 BCDP Laporta
1 07 BCDP Bumgarner
2 07 BCDP Heyward
1 05 BCDP Clement
1 05 BCDP Tulowitzki
3 05 BCDP Buchholz
6 05 BCDP Lowrie
9 06 BCDP Jason Place

$3.20 for all but the Bowden
$8.10 for all 81 cards

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Thepit is just as good as Ebay when it comes to a player getting hot, called up, or throwing a no-no etc. People buy like crazy without really thinking about it. Most recent example. Wade Davis chromes were selling better on thepit.com than Ebay.
I agree 100%. thepit offers a chance to move a lot of quantity quickly. It's far less of a hassle than eBay, that's for sure and allows you do sell in a small window of time.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Topnotchsy said:
AKA Coastal said:
I agree 100%. thepit offers a chance to move a lot of quantity quickly. It's far less of a hassle than eBay, that's for sure and allows you do sell in a small window of time.

The only problem is that I believe the shipping cost when you dropship is $5.00 for a single card and with low level cards I guess that eats into any profit. However if i just sell on the site there is no shipping fee. So i guess I figured out to myself that if im not planning on listing individually on ebay, posting them there is a great option.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Ebay is such a hassle. Thepit makes it simple to unload bulk. No shipping, complaining buyers, returns, chargebacks, etc. Like someone said earlier. Sometimes the window is small and thepit lets you take advantage of it. Unlike Ebay.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
AKA Coastal said:
Ebay is such a hassle. Thepit makes it simple to unload bulk. No shipping, complaining buyers, returns, chargebacks, etc. Like someone said earlier. Sometimes the window is small and thepit lets you take advantage of it. Unlike Ebay.

It's not even that I have bulk. But I know that if I have 2 Michael Saunders chrome cards I am probably never going to get around to selling them unless they become $10+ cards. At least if they are on thepit I can move them for a few bucks

Members online

Latest posts