Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Hockey Pickup Thread -September 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I haven't picked up an Eric Staal card in awhile but snagged this one last night...

BZvHm1gWkKGrHgoH-DMEjlLlvjJvBKoGFNF.jpg

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
A few Carter multiples in for me this week.

05 Rookie Authentics auto #5:

SPAuthenticRookieAuthenticsAuto5.jpg

05 SPGU Rookie Exclusives Auto #4:

SPGameUsedRookieExclusivesAuto4.jpg

05 The Cup Rookie Auto/Patch #7:

TheCupAutoPatch7.jpg

and a new 09 addition, The Cup Emblems of Endorsements Auto/Patch /15:

TheCupEmblemsofEndorsementsAutoPatc.jpg

Next we have the milestone achievement. I loved this Carter SPA rookie auto/patch #/100 and made it a goal to grab Carter's jersey number worth of copies. Today #17 finally arrived completing my goal :cheers: This is a little more important to me than simply getting 17 of the 100 because the 2005 SPA was a terrible selling product as the value for the price point was terrible. These auto/patch were 1 per case roughly and Upper Deck ended up releasing only 50% of the product volume. They withheld the rest and packed out some of the excess as additional hits in the 2006 SPA release. I really don't know if all of it made the market.

Here's number 17:

SPAuthenticLimitedAutoPatch17.jpg

and the other 16 brothers:

CarterSPA1.jpg

CarterSPA2.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thanks Bobby.

this came in the mail today...

2009UpperDeckVictory.jpg

hoping to get it signed TTM or in person if he makes the team.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
ordered in June arrived today...

Picture.jpg

I am very happy with the way this looks when I ordered it I must admit I was a little skeptical but it looks really good.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Too much flightless bird stuff. This thread needs more Orange & Black :cool:

Stuff from the last week or so:

09/10 Ultra EX

UltraEX.jpg

05/06 SP Authentic RC autos #11 & 12

SPAuthenticAuto11.jpg
SPAuthenticAuto12.jpg

05 Ultimate Debut Threads Patch /60 #3:

UltimateCollectionDebutThreadsPa-4.jpg

05 Ultimate Signatures #21,22, 23:
UltimateCollectionUltimateSignat-22.jpg
UltimateCollectionUltimateSignature.jpg
UltimateCollectionUltimateSignat-23.jpg

08 Hot Prospects White Hot Patch /10 #2:

HotProspectsHotMaterialsWhiteHot-1.jpg

08 UD Priority Signings Auto /75 #4:

UpperDeckSpringExpoPrioritySigni-3.jpg

09 UD Trilogy Ice Scripts auto #2:

UpperDeckTrilogyIceScriptsAuto2.jpg

09 The Cup Emblems of Endorsements /15 #2:

TheCupEmblemsofEndorsementsAutoP-1.jpg

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
06 MVP 1 on 1 Dual Auto #4 (Mike Richards on back):

UpperDeckMVPOneonOneDualAuto4.jpg

09 SP Game Used Sig Swatches auto/patch /10 #'s 3 & 4:

SPGUSignificantSwatchesAutoPatch3.jpg
SPGUSignificantSwatchesAutoPatch4.jpg

05 UD Ice Cool Threads auto/patch /15 #2:

UpperDeckIceCoolThreadsPatchAuto2.jpg

05 The Cup Artifacts Cyan plate 1/1 (have the Magenta as well):

TheCupUDArtifactsCyanPrintingPlate.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Nice Carter stuff Lumm0x!! I don't really follow the Jeff Carter market, so i was wondering if his cards, mainly his autoed rookies, have gone up in value much after his break out year last year?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
ordered in June arrived today...

Picture.jpg

I am very happy with the way this looks when I ordered it I must admit I was a little skeptical but it looks really good.

NICE!!!!! I ordered mine back in June as well, hopefully it gets here soon. What are you doing with yours? Gonna display or keep it in the box?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
lumm0x as much as I despise the Flyers and Jeff Carter you have a pretty sweet collection and some of those patches are amazing.

Bilko I am actually displaying it in the box. the box is open on 3 sides and the back is mirrored. I think it looks good in the box. I am still organizing my shelves but hopefully I finish tonight and I will post some pics.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
G $MONEY$ said:
Nice Carter stuff Lumm0x!! I don't really follow the Jeff Carter market, so i was wondering if his cards, mainly his autoed rookies, have gone up in value much after his break out year last year?

Certain ones tweaked up a bit such as SPA and The Cup. Some of his more obscure stuff made the biggest jumps. He definitely has gone up in value though. I would say 20% across the board in the last year. One card that gets Rodney Dangerfield'd is the Ultimate RC auto /299. Always sells for less than the SPA /999. Sometimes 50% less. I don't get it. Same can be said about those 2 cards for almost any other player.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
lumm0x said:
G $MONEY$ said:

Certain ones tweaked up a bit such as SPA and The Cup. Some of his more obscure stuff made the biggest jumps. He definitely has gone up in value though. I would say 20% across the board in the last year. One card that gets Rodney Dangerfield'd is the Ultimate RC auto /299. Always sells for less than the SPA /999. Sometimes 50% less. I don't get it. Same can be said about those 2 cards for almost any other player.

Yeah well im really glad Carter turned out well for you. Ive known for a few years of your collection and i always thought that would really suck if Carter ended up being a bust. Thats weird that the Ultimate's sell for less than the SPA's. I personally like the Ultimates better, its actually my favorite brand in Hockey and Football. So what made you decide to collect Jeff Carter? Have you always been a Flyers fan?

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Yeah I grew up a Flyers fan in the 70's and loving Bobby Clarke and Reggie Leach. I collected hockey back then but got more into football through the 80's and 90's. Around 2004 I got really tired of football cards (not the sport though). I was watching the World Juniors and Carter caught my eye. He had the size, speed and shot and I decided then I would go after him. It wasn't until after that I discovered Philly had drafted him so it was perfect for me. I picked up a good chunk of stuff early from Jon Tchao (Cassijon) who decided to stop collecting him. It just steam rolled from there. A few thousand cards later and here we are ::facepalm::

Thanks for the interest and letting me waste your time.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
A few new ones prior to month end. A new 09/10 Ultra Team Leaders insert:

UltraTeamLeaders.jpg

My 4th 05/06 Cup Scripted Numbers Dual Jersey/Auto #'d /17:

TheCupScriptedNumbersDualAutoJersey.jpg

And lastly my 10th 06/07 Cup Limited Logos patch/auto #'d /50:

TheCupLimitedLogos10.jpg