Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Funny Retail Buy Story, With Scans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
My friend and I went to Wal Mart last night around midnight, as he had the itch to pick up a blaster. The only thing there was PP Legends, and he didn't really want to go after them.

So there were these cardboard packages with 3 packs and a jersey card, or so he thought, for $8. He picked up two of them.

He opened the packs and found nothing special. The then pulled out a white envelope in the package, and got a surprise when it was a jumbo card or so the thought. We looked at it closer and saw that it was a big piece of cardboard with a card inside, and a jersey swatch beneath. It folded out in the back to make an easel. It was of Rob Konrad, with his 99 Victory rookie.

He was extremely pissed off, and just gave me the other package to open. I got nothing special, until the last pack - 08 Topps Kickoff. I told him they would be junk and laughed. To my surprise, I pulled a Mathias Kiwanuka (sp?) autograph. Pretty nice looking card I must admit.

Then I pulled out the jumbo frame, and guess what I pulled out? Yep, the same exact Rob Konrad ::facepalm:: :lol:

He was now about ready to explode, and told me to keep everything but the Kiwanuka auto. I said thanks, as I got a few Canes and Cowboys, and some stuff my the FCB College Group.

Later, he dicded to destory the Konrad. He took the card and jersey out, and burned the frame in the street. Pointless I know, but I guess it made him feel better.

The jersey swatch had adhesive on the back, and was still sticky. We happened to be listening to the Big Tymers song "Still Fly", a classic imo. There is a line where they are rapping about their car, and say that there's a TV in the middle of the wheel. So I just grinned and said "Jersey where the horn go, boy can you top that?"

He put the jersey swatch over the mini emblem on the wheel of his Bronco. I told him that at least he covered up one of the things wrong with his ride.

I looked at the package, and can't believe he didn't realize what he was getting into. As if the text telling you what was inside didn't say it clear enough, there was a picture of one of the frames that had a Score Brett Favre card in the window. That should tip you off when there's a Score card with a jersey.

scan0005.jpg
scan0004.jpg

scan0006.jpg

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I had a similar experience, except it was with a "guaranteed" GU package that gives an actual game-used card (from a product).

Open up the first one - my hit is a 2005 Upper Deck "Origins" Adrian Beltre GU (from the insert set Origins, not the product).

I open up the second one....and my hit is a: 2005 Upper Deck "Origins" Adrian Beltre GU!!

Exact player, exact product.

Latest posts