Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Taylor Returns to Action......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
.......but is playing for Reading. Nice to see they want him to get some more playing time before the AFL.

He seems to be out of sorts, though. 0-3, 3 K's. :cry:

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Yeah, this was in his weekly blog a week & a half ago (the news that he wasn't thrilled about heading back to Reading, but he knew he needed to work out the "kink's"); though I'm glad you posted it as I would have never known (I thought they ended up shutting him down until winter ball).

Oh & JP, I thought he didn't make the AFL roster's? :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
HoustonTeams4Me said:

After doing some searching, I see you're right.

He could be a CALLUP, though! Look at the last sentence. :mrgreen:

“He’s healthy and luckily he played long enough in Double-A this year to play in the playoffs,” Steve Noworyta, Philadelphia’s director of minor league operations told CSNPhilly.com. “That’s a big one right there, a big bat to be in that lineup. That’s a big plus for them in Reading. Now that he’s healthy and he played the majority of his time there, they [minor league baseball] allowed us to let him play there.”

Taylor was named as the Eastern League’s rookie of the year this season after hitting .333 with 15 homers, 65 RBIs and a .408 OBP at Reading. Taylor, who was the runner-up in the league’s MVP voting behind Akron’s Carlos Santana, was bumped up to Lehigh Valley in mid-July and hit .282 with five homers and 19 RBIs before straining an oblique muscle in Buffalo on Aug. 15.

He went on the DL a week later and, after rehabbing the last several weeks in Florida, was proclaimed fit for active duty this week by Philadelphia’s medical staff. A strong showing in the Eastern League playoffs might earn Taylor a shot with the parent club over the final two weeks of the regular season, according to Noworyta.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Jaypers said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

After doing some searching, I see you're right.

He could be a CALLUP, though! Look at the last sentence. :mrgreen:

“He’s healthy and luckily he played long enough in Double-A this year to play in the playoffs,” Steve Noworyta, Philadelphia’s director of minor league operations told CSNPhilly.com. “That’s a big one right there, a big bat to be in that lineup. That’s a big plus for them in Reading. Now that he’s healthy and he played the majority of his time there, they [minor league baseball] allowed us to let him play there.”

Taylor was named as the Eastern League’s rookie of the year this season after hitting .333 with 15 homers, 65 RBIs and a .408 OBP at Reading. Taylor, who was the runner-up in the league’s MVP voting behind Akron’s Carlos Santana, was bumped up to Lehigh Valley in mid-July and hit .282 with five homers and 19 RBIs before straining an oblique muscle in Buffalo on Aug. 15.

He went on the DL a week later and, after rehabbing the last several weeks in Florida, was proclaimed fit for active duty this week by Philadelphia’s medical staff. A strong showing in the Eastern League playoffs might earn Taylor a shot with the parent club over the final two weeks of the regular season, according to Noworyta.

We need a "drooly-smiley"! :lol:

Members online