Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are the rangers going to make the playoffs?

Are the rangers going to make the playoffs?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
the redsox and angels play 3 games together before the end of the season. That means that those 3 games will help the rangers out whether they win or lose.

They also have 7 games left with the angels. The have stomped them so far this season.

Also young and hamilton should be back by the end of this week, early next week.

Your thoughts?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I don't know, but for what it's worth(nothing), I'm throwing my support behind them, now that the Rays are pretty much out of it. I think they need Holland to get hot, or atleast warm back up. I have a financial stake now too, with this...

ChrisDavis.jpg

Hopefully Davis gets really hot and helps push the Rangers into the playoffs. :)

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Brett Keith said:
I don't know, but for what it's worth(nothing), I'm throwing my support behind them, now that the Rays are pretty much out of it. I think they need Holland to get hot, or atleast warm back up. I have a financial stake now too, with this...

Hopefully Davis gets really hot and helps push the Rangers into the playoffs. :)

Very sweet card..Did you pick that up recently?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jays_Cards said:
[quote="Brett Keith":lp22fcmn]I don't know, but for what it's worth(nothing), I'm throwing my support behind them, now that the Rays are pretty much out of it. I think they need Holland to get hot, or atleast warm back up. I have a financial stake now too, with this...

Very sweet card..Did you pick that up recently?[/quote:lp22fcmn]

Yeah, bought the Davis, Daryl Jones BCDP Red Refractor 1/1, and a Strasburg UD USA Patch/Auto /50 from my friend, picked them up yesterday.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
I voted no. I just cant see the Rangers starting pitchers keeping this up. Granted they do play them enough in the final weeks but I think the Angels will even up that record abit.

If they hadnt picked up Kazmir, I really would have had a problem picking. :)

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
I think they will pass the Angels in the West. The Halos bullpen is soooo brutal...
The Angels pitching in general isn't as good as the Rangers, and they've always seemed to win when we do and lose when we do, and with them going to Boston and NY next week, I think we could be within 1-3 games with 7/10 games at the end against the Angels we'll have no problem winning 5-2.

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
Thumpersports said:
I voted no. I just cant see the Rangers starting pitchers keeping this up. Granted they do play them enough in the final weeks but I think the Angels will even up that record abit.

I do not understand your statement, "I just cant see the Rangers starting pitchers keeping this up." If we were right efter the All-Star Break or something like that I would understand. But here it is with basically a month left and they really have not slowed down. I myself am a Huge Rangers fan and I am pulling for them to make it. I am not going to sit here and pretend that if they do not make the Playoffs that I will not be disappointed, but at the same time most people predicted that the Rangers would lose 90 games this year. Either way the future is looking very bright. I am so glad that I live here in Dallas and will be along for the ride.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
aw00d05 said:
Jays_Cards said:
I think they will pass the Angels in the West. The Halos bullpen is soooo brutal...
The Angels pitching in general isn't as good as the Rangers, and they've always seemed to win when we do and lose when we do, and with them going to Boston and NY next week, I think we could be within 1-3 games with 7/10 games at the end against the Angels we'll have no problem winning 5-2.
Unfortunately, they'll probably sweep the Yankees.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
gonzagacubs said:
I voted yes. I would also like to throw out there the Yanks do not want anything to do with either the Rangers or the Halos come playoff time.
Disagreed. I like the Yankees chances against the Rangers. As for the Angels, they always give the Yankees trouble, but if the season ended today, they'd be playing them in the ALCS (assuming both teams advance). In a 7 Gm series, I'll take the Yankees.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
pudge1760 said:
Thumpersports said:

I do not understand your statement, "I just cant see the Rangers starting pitchers keeping this up." If we were right efter the All-Star Break or something like that I would understand. But here it is with basically a month left and they really have not slowed down. I myself am a Huge Rangers fan and I am pulling for them to make it. I am not going to sit here and pretend that if they do not make the Playoffs that I will not be disappointed, but at the same time most people predicted that the Rangers would lose 90 games this year. Either way the future is looking very bright. I am so glad that I live here in Dallas and will be along for the ride.

What dont you understand?

Feldman, Hunter, Holland, etc. Ive excluded Millwood, as I really like him.

Lackey, Kazmir, Weaver, etc. Ive excluded Saunders, as I like him as well.

I'll take the Angels top 3 in a must win game anytime, anywhere. Lets be honest, its going to be close and having Lackey/Kazmir is a HUGE advantage.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
trademhigh said:
gonzagacubs said:
I voted yes. I would also like to throw out there the Yanks do not want anything to do with either the Rangers or the Halos come playoff time.
Disagreed. I like the Yankees chances against the Rangers. As for the Angels, they always give the Yankees trouble, but if the season ended today, they'd be playing them in the ALCS (assuming both teams advance). In a 7 Gm series, I'll take the Yankees.

I based this off of the Angels constant success versus the Yanks, and the Rangers taking 2 of 3 from the Yanks at Yankees Stadium recently. I think the only glaring difference between the two teams is the Yanks have a dominant closer.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Thumpersports said:
pudge1760 said:
Thumpersports said:

I'll take the Angels top 3 in a must win game anytime, anywhere. Lets be honest, its going to be close and having Lackey/Kazmir is a HUGE advantage.

If I could choose any of the probable teams to make the playoffs in the AL to play, I would want to play the Angels. The top 3 starters can be good when they are on, but they are very inconsistent. The Angels bullpen is also the 2nd worst in baseball and among the worst of the last decade.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Jays_Cards said:
Thumpersports said:
pudge1760 said:
Thumpersports said:

If I could choose any of the probable teams to make the playoffs in the AL to play, I would want to play the Angels. The top 3 starters can be good when they are on, but they are very inconsistent. The Angels bullpen is also the 2nd worst in baseball and among the worst of the last decade.

Im not talking post season or bullpens. ( Im not a fan of the Angles bull-pen either ) All im saying is, id take Lackey, Kazmir or Weaver over any Rangers starter,in a winner takes all game/series. ( except maybe Millwood. I think he is the key the next few weeks. )

Members online

Latest posts