Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which Player(s) On Your Team Do You Hope Gets Traded?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Doesn't have to be a prospect. Which player(s) on YOUR team do you feel is doing more harm than good where they are now (or is being severely underutilized), and need new surroundings ASAP?

For the record, the player(s) can be anywhere within their system, not just with the parent club.

For me, I'd have to choose BJ Upton, Reid Brignac, Chris Nowak and pretty much their entire bullpen.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Vernon Wells, but that's not happening.

Kevin Millar isn't going to be re-signed but I have to put his name here. He's one of the worst Jays of my lifetime.

I'm not a fan of the Edwin Encarnacion era. Non-tender, please.

Same goes for Jose Bautista.

Brandon League can harness his incredible stuff elsewhere. Same goes for David Purcey.

I'd like to see Jeremy Accardo get dealt as he's been ****** around by the team despite a good season.

And get Shawn Camp the hell outta here, too.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
As a Mets fan, I don't know where to begin.

It's hard to think of 5 players I would keep. The only ones that come to mind as "keepers" would be David Wright, K-Rod, and Johan.

David

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
ee10 said:
PLEASE no more Willy Taveras...

Yes! I am not sure who ever thought this would be a good idea but Ol' Willy should have been gone a time ago.

I also wish the Reds would give Chris Dickerson a permanent outfield job and if they are not going to, I wish they would trade him to team that would.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
ballerskrip said:
Milton bradley
Alfonso soriano
Kevin gregg
Mike fontenot
Aaron miles-the worst multi million dollar player in the bigs
Agree with this entire list, except Fontenot.

He is a good player who keeps getting shuffled in and out of the lineup by Lou.

I would also add...

Kosuke Fukudome
Geovanny Soto
Sean Marshall

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
ballerskrip said:
Milton bradley
Alfonso soriano
Kevin gregg
Mike fontenot
Aaron miles-the worst multi million dollar player in the bigs
Agree with this entire list, except Fontenot.

He is a good player who keeps getting shuffled in and out of the lineup by Lou.

I would also add...

Kosuke Fukudome
Geovanny Soto
Sean Marshall

I agree with the list, but think Soto should stay at least until Wellington is ready to come up...and I agree trade Soriano while they still can

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
leatherman said:

It's hard to think of 5 players I would keep. The only ones that come to mind as "keepers" would be David Wright, K-Rod, and Johan.

David

After giving it some time, i really think even The White Cover Boy himself, Captain Singles, has to go.

It may not help the Mets in the long run, but it should help his career

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
leatherman said:

David

How could you ever justify trading Jose Reyes, for a number of reasons.

1) His value is at it's absolute lowest, due to his injury this season.
2) He is taylor-made for Citi Field and the sheer size of the OF.
3) Still just 26 years old and he will be back to 100% for next season.
4) What other SS would come close to taking his place in that lineup, taking into account everything he can do to be a game changer?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
NECpilgrims8 said:
leatherman said:

David

4) What other SS would come close to taking his place in that lineup, taking into account everything he can do to be a game changer?

One reason sticks out to me more than any other: His performance in September.

If you look at his career splits, his numbers in September are SIGNIFICANTLY worse than any other month. His OPS in every other month is very consistent, but his OPS in September is just 78% of his career average. That's a guy I want on someone else's team, not mine.

David

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
ThoseBackPages said:
leatherman said:

David

After giving it some time, i really think even The White Cover Boy himself, Captain Singles, has to go.

It may not help the Mets in the long run, but it should help his career

I'm hoping this year is an anomaly. Another season of singles and strikeouts and I'll pack his locker too.

David

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
leatherman said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
leatherman said:

David

One reason sticks out to me more than any other: His performance in September.

If you look at his career splits, his numbers in September are SIGNIFICANTLY worse than any other month. His OPS in every other month is very consistent, but his OPS in September is just 78% of his career average. That's a guy I want on someone else's team, not mine.

David

So you would rather dump him in the off-season, for little value, because of how has played during September in his short career? That seems a little bit drastic to me.

The fact that he is only 26, says he will take more time to mature and with that comes experience for those Septembers.

Who would you rather have at SS, that can do everything he does and would pair well with Citi field?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts