Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHICH IS BETTER TOPLOADERS OR ONE TOUCHES!!!

WHICH IS BETTER TOPLOADERS OR ONE TOUCHES!!

• TOPLOADERS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Hey guys, I have been wondering this for a while and just wanted some opinions of other board members. I have some cards in a penny sleeve and toploaders and some in One Touches. So which is better for the card? Btw i cut a little slit at the top on the penny sleeve so the corner doesn't hit it.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I think it depends. For my less expensive cards I put them in top loaders, for my high end stuff I put in one touches. So I don't know how to answer the poll I'm torn. :D

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
jarcar- I'm in the same boat i'm doing a show on sunday and i don't know if i should keep them in the one touches or switch them for toploaders. I use both but my high end cards have one touches which i don't think will hurt keeping them in.

blueuncle

Aug 9, 2008
To me, a card is more eye appealing in a one touch, but I always use toploaders. Cards move around too much for me in a one touch.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
blueuncle said:
To me, a card is more eye appealing in a one touch, but I always use toploaders. Cards move around too much for me in a one touch.
se me and you are on the same page I don't move my cards that much but i can't get over how they can move in the holder a little. Do you think it effects the card?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
While one touches look better, I don't like them because you can't penny sleeve the card, it moves around too much, and it's more bulky. I think top loaders with penny sleeve and team bag are the best protection outside of grading slabs. If it's protection you are going for. If it's looks, go one touch.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
nborton said:
While one touches look better, I don't like them because you can't penny sleeve the card, it moves around too much, and it's more bulky. I think top loaders with penny sleeve and team bag are the best protection outside of grading slabs. If it's protection you are going for. If it's looks, go one touch.

I agree, but how much more protection does it give when both as equals just sit?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Dpanthers14 said:
nborton said:

I agree, but how much more protection does it give when both as equals just sit?

Well, if it's truly just going to sit somewhere undisturbed I don't think it matters. It could probably sit unprotected if it was never moved, touched, or hit. :?

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
nborton said:
Dpanthers14 said:
nborton said:

Well, if it's truly just going to sit somewhere undisturbed I don't think it matters. It could probably sit unprotected if it was never moved, touched, or hit. :?

lol well i have had no problems with it because the are in my closet but im going to take them all to first both at a show which still won't move much is it worth pulling a few out of the one touches and putting them into toploaders? btw do you guys store your cards standing up or laying down, sorry weird question

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I keep all my cards in sleeves/toploaders except my two superfractors and Beavan red refractor, which are in one-touches.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I really like the way cards look in one-touches, however the "rattling" effect of the one-touches has my entire collection in penny sleeves and and top loaders. Then again, I store very every single card in my collection in a penny sleeve, then box.

So for me, it's easy...I truly believe that penny sleeves and top loaders, when compared to top-loaders, keep the card in more pristine shape.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
I keep most of my higher-end cards in one-touches. When the card is not thick enough and moves around a bit, I fold a penny sleeve in half and put it behind the card and then close the one-touch. The card doesn't move and the sleeve doesn't get in the way.

Members online

Latest posts