Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Logan Morrison vs. Mike Stanton

Which would you invest in?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
If you had a choice to invest in one of the two players above...which would you choose and why? If you're answer is neither, please explain!

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I would have to go with Stanton simply because he is younger than Morrison. Also Stanton has continued to stay healthy and he has impressed me at every level. Morrison to me has only a one side game which is clearly offense.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
From what I've seen and read Stanton has the intelligence and personality to be a big name; if he makes it.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
I saw them both play about 2 weeks ago... Personally I like Morrison better, Stanton did not make much contact in the game I saw and seemed to be fooled pretty often.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Stanton was 2/4 tonight and Morrison was 1/4. Stanton had 1 K and 1 BB which I think is ok.

Legit Investments

Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
Stanton all the way, people have to remember the kid is 19 in Double A. Most players that age are in Rookie Ball. Sure he K's alot but thats common for power hitters, and he has a ton of time to work on that. Going into next season Stanton will be 20, he'll have a full year to refine his hitting and fielding, he is a legit 5 tool player with a name everyone knows...

At less then $40 I could so his chrome selling $60-80 easy and topping that if he goes into the Majors and does numbers. Of course like any other prospect he could flop...

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I have a few 08 Chrome Refractors of Morrison and nothing of Stanton and still picked Stanton. Morrison is having an age appropriate strong season in AA ball but Stanton is playing over his head and hitting better for power.

Morrison has a Sean Casey type feel to me in terms of what he could become at the plate. He's going to have to watch his walk around weight because 6-3 and 245 could easily become 255-260 in the offseason and make him a liability on the paths. The problematic part about that is his defense is certainly not Sean Casey caliber.

Stanton has some Darryl Strawberry in him. He's more filled out and less lanky which has cost him some speed but he has exchanged it for power. He has a remarkable face and almost a complete build in terms of maturation. From this point it's going to be all about pitch recognition. I feel strongly that he'll put it together and if I was still into prospecting, he'd be my guy.

Members online

Latest posts