Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeff Neimann AL ROY??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I'll take the 20 year old over the 26 year old with similar numbers.

Don't get me wrong, Niemann is a good pitcher. But how many 20 year olds are even in the bigs, let alone collecting 10 wins?

David

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
leatherman said:
I'll take the 20 year old over the 26 year old with similar numbers.

Don't get me wrong, Niemann is a good pitcher. But how many 20 year olds are even in the bigs, let alone collecting 10 wins?

David

He had 9 wins 3 months ago :?

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Finally allowing Niemann to get a shot makes the Edwin Jackson trade forgiveable.

Niemann has been everything Rays fans hoped David Price would be. They and other prospectors in general just aren't paying for his cards because they forgot he was once the 3rd overall pick.

Card collectors have the attention span of goldfish :)

To the age comment, no doubt Porcello is amazing considering his age, but that's not part of the award. Its strictly performance. Otherwise, Ichiro, Hideo Nomo, et al would never have won it.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Mudcatsfan said:
Finally allowing Niemann to get a shot makes the Edwin Jackson trade forgiveable.

Niemann has been everything Rays fans hoped David Price would be. They and other prospectors in general just aren't paying for his cards because they forgot he was once the 3rd overall pick.

To the age comment, no doubt Porcello is amazing considering his age, but that's not part of the award. Its strictly performance. Otherwise, Ichiro, Hideo Nomo, et al would never have won it.

My comment about his age wasn't in response to the title. I think Niemann is a much better choice for ROY.

He made a comment about those with a Porcello stash, and I was just saying that I would rather have a stash of Porcellos than a stash of Niemanns.

2005 Bowman Chrome RC autos are SO 2006. :)

David

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
leatherman said:
Mudcatsfan said:

My comment about his age wasn't in response to the title. I think Niemann is a much better choice for ROY.

He made a comment about those with a Porcello stash, and I was just saying that I would rather have a stash of Porcellos than a stash of Niemanns.

David

I agree, Porcello may not win the award, but of all the rookie pitchers this season in both leagues, he is going to be the best throughout his career.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, these guys still have 2 or 4 starts left this year.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Niemann is the guy, hands down. I don't care if Porcello is 20 or 13 or 7 years old. Also, relievers win awards like this when there are no standouts at other spots - Bailey was my pick at the all-star break, but Niemann is 100% the most deserving of the award. Period.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Mudcatsfan said:

Forgiveable Really?!? Matt Joyce For Edwin Jackson really?.... I know it got some other guys "shots" but if they didn't make that trade they would still have given those guys "shots" IMO... Because of the bad season by Sonnanstine.

Still doesn't make much sense that deal.... Even though Niemann has stepped up EJAX is gonna be a good pitcher for many years to come.... Let's see what Matt Joyce does... Ofcourse JMHO.

Ofcourse your intitled to your own opinion too... ;)

Edit: Not trying to be an ass just giving my feelings...

Shep :ugeek:

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
leatherman said:
Mudcatsfan said:

David

I agree, Porcello may not win the award, but of all the rookie pitchers this season in both leagues, he is going to be the best throughout his career.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, these guys still have 2 or 4 starts left this year.
You're talking about not getting ahead of ourselves because there are a few starts left, when you mention that he'll have the best career? I think Niemann is a better choice for ROY, though. But, I'd rather have Porcello than him.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
trademhigh said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
leatherman said:
Mudcatsfan said:

David

You're talking about not getting ahead of ourselves because there are a few starts left, when you mention that he'll have the best career? I think Niemann is a better choice for ROY, though. But, I'd rather have Porcello than him.

Am I wrong?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
On a side note, in a rematch of both of their first career starts, Ricky Romero and Rick Porcello pitch against each other tomorrow. Could be a good one.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
trademhigh said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1mrn4f76]
leatherman said:
Mudcatsfan said:

David

Am I wrong?[/quote:1mrn4f76]
Sorry, I can't predict the future. ;)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
shephech said:
Mudcatsfan said:

Forgiveable Really?!? Matt Joyce For Edwin Jackson really?.... I know it got some other guys "shots" but if they didn't make that trade they would still have given those guys "shots" IMO... Because of the bad season by Sonnanstine.

Still doesn't make much sense that deal.... Even though Niemann has stepped up EJAX is gonna be a good pitcher for many years to come.... Let's see what Matt Joyce does... Ofcourse JMHO.

Ofcourse your intitled to your own opinion too... ;)

Edit: Not trying to be an ass just giving my feelings...

Shep :ugeek:

Edwin Jackson 2009 does not exist in the natural world anywhere before April 2009. He spontanteously showed up like a creature that evolved over eons on some deserted island then was transported accidentally into the exposure with the rest of the world.

He was always capable of this but never for more than 2 starts in a row. Tampa decided they couldn't give him yet another season to "figure it out", and i can't fault them for it. When they had Price, Niemann, Davis, and Hellickson on the doorstep. Too many guys with stuff never pan out.

That's what i tell myself as rock myself to sleep at night weaping.

Members online

No members online now.