Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some show pickups from yesterday..how did I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I mainly went there to fill up my Kinsler PC, but I found a guy who gave me a nice deal on some prospect cards too. I did find a card that will be mine in the future, though (Kinsler Reflections jsy/15).
Anyway here are the pickups from yesterday. I think I got a deal, what do you guys think? $14 for this lot.

showpickupskinslers.jpg

Anthony

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
mredsox89 said:
What did the Almanzar's run you if you don't mind.

I got them in the whole lot. The guy had no clue what prospects were good and bad and went by book value. He gave me the Walden and the three Xs for nine and the rest for five, so if you were to break those up assuming they were even I guess I paid 2.25 each.

Anthony

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
aminors said:
mredsox89 said:

I got them in the whole lot. The guy had no clue what prospects were good and bad and went by book value. He gave me the Walden and the three Xs for nine and the rest for five, so if you were to break those up assuming they were even I guess I paid 2.25 each.

Anthony

Great buy. I wish I could make it to some shows and find some nice deals.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Ant,
You picked up two Red Sox cards.....that means you did GREAT!! :mrgreen:

Hope you are doing better, bud.
-Scott

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aminors said:
mredsox89 said:

Anthony

That's a great deal man, the Almanzars will sell for more than $14 by themselves, and the Walden could be a big card next year.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
aminors said:
mredsox89 said:

Anthony

That's a great deal man, the Almanzars will sell for more than $14 by themselves, and the Walden could be a big card next year.

Sick! I think they will be the first cards I will ever grade, as they look absolutely perfect. The centering on the Walden looks pretty good, although it has a very light, very minor scratch on the left border which would probably put the surface grade at a 9 or maybe an 8.5. I've never graded before but I'm not going to send in a card like that. I'll hop in the next group sub, though.

Is Alamanzar good/with good hype?

Anthony

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
aminors said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
aminors said:
mredsox89 said:

Anthony

Sick! I think they will be the first cards I will ever grade, as they look absolutely perfect. The centering on the Walden looks pretty good, although it has a very light, very minor scratch on the left border which would probably put the surface grade at a 9 or maybe an 8.5. I've never graded before but I'm not going to send in a card like that. I'll hop in the next group sub, though.

Anthony

He is real young, and real raw talent. Hit under .250 this year but there is hope for him in 4+ years, lol. Long term investment

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aminors said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
aminors said:
mredsox89 said:

Anthony

Anthony

You should be able to get in on this month's group sub if you are interested, I'm definitely doing it and I still haven't mailed my cards yet...they just have to be there by the 20th of the month.

I've noticed that a lot of the Xfractors in the last couple products have been exceptional in quality.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
thegreathambino said:
hang onto rosario too.. he's got a future

Thanks all.

Oh and by the way, by some off-chance if some Topps Heritage guy comes around and sees this, I have a question. The Kinsler has a refractor finish, but is numbered like the chrome version to 1960 sets. I compared it to other chromes and the finish is obviously that of a refractor. What could be the reasoning behind this?

Anthony

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts