Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Florida deserve a title shot?

Do you think Florida deserves a title game spot?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
If everything else plays out as expected, do you think Florida deserves a title spot.

I voted no.

They lost at home to Mississippi. If that loss happened this weekend, and they beat Bama way back then, they wouldn't even be in the discussion. The SEC is way down from what it has been, and is nowhere near as tough as it was in previous years. I just don't think their season is worthy based on what other teams in the country have done.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Yes, they won the greatest conference ever known as the SEC so they should jsut automatically receive the NC because they are just so much better than everyone else because they are from the SEC. Heck, Bama and Florida should play again because the SEC is just so much better and OU should not win the Big 12 over Texas anyways.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I voted yes.

In college football its all about when you get your 1 loss. You lose early you have plenty of time to move back up the ladder... if you are Alabama or Texas Tech and lose in the last weeks of the season you fall down the ladder and dont have enough time to move back up.

Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma all lost to each other... but Tech loss last so they are the odd man out. Oklahoma lost early and rebounded with 60pt games for the rest of the season... of course that helps your cause.

And since Texas didnt win the conference championship.......

The National title game is.. and should be... Oklahoma vs Florida.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Brad said:
Yes, they won the greatest conference ever known as the SEC so they should jsut automatically receive the NC because they are just so much better than everyone else because they are from the SEC. Heck, Bama and Florida should play again because the SEC is just so much better and OU should not win the Big 12 over Texas anyways.

Bitter? Let me guess, "The" Ohio St. Fan? :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny. Anyway, Florida has the best QB in the land. Period. They will beat up OU, Texas, etc...The only team who has a chance, USC. Why? They actually play defense. And yes, "The" SEC is the best conference in the Country. Even though it was a down year, Florida will still walk away with the Title.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
P_Manning 18 said:
I voted yes.

In college football its all about when you get your 1 loss. You lose early you have plenty of time to move back up the ladder... if you are Alabama or Texas Tech and lose in the last weeks of the season you fall down the ladder and dont have enough time to move back up.

Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma all lost to each other... but Tech loss last so they are the odd man out. Oklahoma lost early and rebounded with 60pt games for the rest of the season... of course that helps your cause.

And since Texas didnt win the conference championship.......

The National title game is.. and should be... Oklahoma vs Florida.

I know the way the system works, where if you lose early you can easily make up for it, but we all know it's a flawed system. I know Florida will go to the title game because of this system, but that doesn't mean they deserve it.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
tide12champrings said:
Brad said:

Bitter? Let me guess, "The" Ohio St. Fan? :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny. Anyway, Florida has the best QB in the land. Period. They will beat up OU, Texas, etc...The only team who has a chance, USC. Why? They actually play defense. And yes, "The" SEC is the best conference in the Country. Even though it was a down year, Florida will still walk away with the Title.

The SEC is not the best conference in the country. Florida and Alabama are great, and that's it. Those are the only two teams that I think could hang with OU and Texas from the SEC. I think the Big 12 guys would both beat Bama, and Florida would be a toss-up. Besides those two teams, 1-5 in the Big 12 would beat everyone of 3-12 in the SEC.

The Big 12 has Tech, Missouri and Okie St.

The SEC has an underachieving Georgia, Ol' Miss, and a very weak LSU team. It's not even close.

Florida lost at home, to a mediocre team. Texas lost on the road to a top-10 team, in the biggest game in the history of Texas Tech. If those games don't matter, then what's the point of playing the first 8 games?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
cowboysrule48 said:
tide12champrings said:
Brad said:

The SEC is not the best conference in the country. Florida and Alabama are great, and that's it. Those are the only two teams that I think could hang with OU and Texas from the SEC. I think the Big 12 guys would both beat Bama, and Florida would be a toss-up. Besides those two teams, 1-5 in the Big 12 would beat everyone of 3-12 in the SEC.

The Big 12 has Tech, Missouri and Okie St.

The SEC has an underachieving Georgia, Ol' Miss, an early season, overrated Auburnand a very weak LSU team. It's not even close.

Florida lost at home, to a mediocre team. Texas lost on the road to a top-10 team, in the biggest game in the history of Texas Tech. If those games don't matter, then what's the point of playing the first 8 games?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
tide12champrings said:
Brad said:

Not bitter and not really an OSU fan, more of a Big 10 guy. But, I just hate the whole SEC is the best conference crap and when you hear crappy teams like South Carolina blame their 7-5 record on how tough the SEC and hear them chanting it after kicking the crap out of an awful NC State team, that is what pisses me off. The SEC was exposed for being a two team conference followed by a bunch of fairly good to crappy teams in it. Afterall, they are 4-6 vs. the ACC and when you take out Bama and Florida who are no doubt better than anyone in the ACC or practically anyone in the country, they are 1-6. Top to bottom, Big 12 is best, then probably ACC, with SEC or Big 10 trailing.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
tide12champrings said:
Brad said:

Uh...dude...USC isn't jack .They play some cupcake teams.I think they wouldn't hold a candle to Oklamhoma, Texas, Tech, or even OK. State.And they would not be able to handle Alabama or Florida for that matter.

I believe that Florida deserves a chance to play but I do think the system that saw two teams play for the big 12 championship who both lost to Texas is flawed.I do not think Texas is way better than OU.I think they are almost comparable.Sure Texas didn't score as many points as OU did but I also think that Texas is a different kind of team than OU as far as scoring goes and I think they were not as concerned for racking up the point spread.

Believe this:If Bradford had blown a knee when he was still stupidly playing in the 4th quarter and literally killing the Tigers...no person alive would ever have agreed with padding points and stats again.But as it stood everyone tried to act like OU was so great because they put up 60 several times in a row.All I see it as is that Stoops is willing to sacrifice his best QB for brownie points.A pretty dumb and inconsiderate thing to do to Bradford.Hell yeah he wanted to be out there because what college player would say no.But the coach should have known better.I actually am happy he did not get hurt because it can happen in so many ways and it could have really screwed things up for him.

I am not a bitter Texas fan but I do not think that OU deserved to be playing anymore than UT did.I understand thats just how the system works and thats the way the ball bounced but its flawed.I cannot say Texas is better than Ou since they only beat them by 10 points but I cannot say, after seeing what stoops allowed Bradford to do...that OU is any better either.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Hey Tim
[youtube:2l117wxd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpHHtl8gC4[/youtube:2l117wxd]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.