Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Idea for new cards. Yay? Nay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a huge fan of sketch cards and on-card autos, and was just thinking of how cool it would be to combine the two. What would you think about:
- original sketch cards (no prints).
- backs of the cards clearly stating who the artist is.
- on card autos of the player sketched.
- Possible duals and triples (two or three players in the sketch, with multiple autos)

Opinions??

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
If it was a baseball product that would be sweet. The player depicted should be clearly named too... some sketches are a little ambiguous - although the auto would give it away on these.

Artist should sign the backs.

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
I think its a great idea. And how about this as a ground breaking concept: Pay the artists more than a few bucks a card, so they can actually take the time to draw something that somewhat resembles the player.

Other than that, GREAT idea on the dual and triple sketch auto cards.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
Not a fan of sketches being mixed with autos/gu

I think the DK cards look hideous/cheesy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/03-DIAMOND-KINGS-RE ... 286.c0.m14

I agree that those look terrible, but I think its just a poor design. If done with a much simpler design they would look much better. I was also thinking more along the lines of the sketch covering the top 85% of the card with an area for the auto at the bottom.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
If done well, I think it would be great.

But 90% of the sketch cards just look pathetic. And I don't care about tracing or any of that other stuff that people complain about. They just plain suck.

So use good artists, pay them a fair wage so their work is top notch, and put the autos on-card. That set would be legendary.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
If done well, I think it would be great.

But 90% of the sketch cards just look pathetic. And I don't care about tracing or any of that other stuff that people complain about. They just plain suck.

So use good artists, pay them a fair wage so their work is top notch, and put the autos on-card. That set would be legendary.

The reason many sketches look so bad is basically because the artists are asked to draw like 500 cards for like $2 apiece in a very short time frame. The amazing sketches are always done by the top names who only draw a few and put lots of time into each one (see my sig or bucket).

To remedy this, they should be required to be done in full color and made a case hit. This would keep values and quality up.

Members online

Latest posts