Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wish I could DELETE eBay items...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I get tired of looking through the same items every day. I already have fairly narrow searches, but I still see tons of things I don't want. I wish I could check a box beside tons of auctions I never want to see again. Not the description in general, but auctions in particular.

I'd pay at least a $20 yearly fee for this service, maybe $30...

Thanks for listening!

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
bouwob said:
what do the auctions you do not want to see have in common?

The simplest example would be I'm searching for Vizquel cards. Someone lists the base Topps card from 1994 that I already have. The next auction is the 1997 finest, again I have it. Then the 2000 Pacific Prism, and so on and so on. Out of 200+ auctions, there are tons of cards/items I know immediately I do not want. If I search every day, I have to sift through the same auctions every time for a week or more. If I could delete them, I could remove a bunch very quickly and only have a handful left in my search results.

Maybe it makes no sense to anyone else, but it'd serve my purposes very well!

marterburn

bouwob said:
Well not perfect but I bet you get the idea

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Omar+V ... &_osacat=0

Also if you save the search, you can email all new items to yourself. Wittle it down as far as you can and then you can just read your emails once a day. You will only see new items this way.

you've been thanked -

matt* kemp -- 194 results
matt* kemp -bobble* -- 170

much better! had no idea you could do that!

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I do a Recently Added search and just check out the stuff up until I get to the crap I've already looked at.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Jastermereel said:
I do a Recently Added search and just check out the stuff up until I get to the crap I've already looked at.

This will save a lot of time, instead of the "best match" feature that is a waste of time. I always search for Rowand by recently listed so I only look at each auction once.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Thanks for the tips! I actually do use fairly involved searches including and excluding words, sellers, etc.

The problem is that people pair things up in their auctions. For example, about the time I exclude "bobblehead," someone sells a pretty nice card and throws in a bobblehead in an effort to make the auction even better. Sounds stupid, but it's happened to me. If I ignore 1994, I miss the auction where someone pairs it with the great patch card. ARRRRRGH!

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I so agree with you about Kemp. Granted I don't buy any more, I still research sales, etc. I was so sick of seeing the bobbleheads! I now add -bobb* to matt kemp so I don't have to see them any more.

marterburn said:
bouwob said:
Well not perfect but I bet you get the idea

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Omar+V ... &_osacat=0

Also if you save the search, you can email all new items to yourself. Wittle it down as far as you can and then you can just read your emails once a day. You will only see new items this way.

you've been thanked -

matt* kemp -- 194 results
matt* kemp -bobble* -- 170

much better! had no idea you could do that!

aprimo

Jan 23, 2009
I get pretty tired of seeing the auctions for all these sellers that constantly list lots of late 80's-early '90s wax. But as others have pointed out, I find it most helpful to use pretty broad search terms and just sort by "newly listed". It's a pain to look through them all, but once you get through the bulk of the listings and get to the point where you can just look at today's listings, then it becomes pretty easy. My main "Biggio" seach including store listings returns about 6200+ results, but the daily listings usually only come to 50-100, so it doesn't take me long to get through them and add the ones I like to my watch list. That way I feel pretty confident I haven't missed anything. But it would be nice if, as I go through them, I could just click a box to eliminate them from the seach. Oh well, I can deal. There's plenty of things on eBay that annoy me more than that.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
chashawk said:
I can't see how this is much of a problem when there are
only approx. 10 items per day listed for Vizquel :lol:

This is true! If I had 6000 items return from a search, I'd have an aneurysm.

Members online

Latest posts