Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow talk about horrible luck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Wow i feel bad for this guy. alot of money for nothing

[youtube:3nr91kv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr_qZyXVTX0[/youtube:3nr91kv0]

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
I like watching Chris's breaks since he's funny and seems genuinely nice, but I would never have that guy bust a box for me. You would think with as much experience he has within cards that he would know not to thumb the **** out of the surfaces like that. Fingerprint city. ::facepalm::

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bradical said:
Please explain to me why people have other people bust their boxes?

Only reason I can think of is to save on shipping prices if they needed to buy the boxes online, or to only end up with the hits. I know 75%+ of the reason I buy boxes/cases is for the entertainment of opening them. Barely any of it has to do with potential profit.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
bradical said:

Authentication.

At least that is why I'd pay someone to youtube a box break of mine. Think about it, let's say you open a box of Exquisite on your own and nailed a ridiculous AP viking logo patch. Wouldn't it have been nice to have video proof that the card truly is genuine? Instead now, people will constantly scrutinize the validity of your card in auction format.

It would be your word vs. video footage. I know which one I would side with.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
bradical said:

I was thinking the same thing. Unless its a group break I will pay the extra for shipping. At least I will get the excitement of busting my own box before I get kicked in the junk. Busting two different companies products at the same time and being shorted on both? I am thinking that might raise some eyebrows at both Topps and Panini but IDK.

Wonder how many people are emailing Topps and Panini with that link saying it was their box?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Snyper said:
bradical said:

Authentication.

At least that is why I'd pay someone to youtube a box break of mine. Think about it, let's say you open a box of Exquisite on your own and nailed a ridiculous AP viking logo patch. Wouldn't it have been nice to have video proof that the card truly is genuine? Instead now, people will constantly scrutinize the validity of your card in auction format.

Doesn't matter, people still pay top dollar for the faked cards, no matter what type of warning is heeded.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
bradical said:
Snyper said:
bradical said:

Authentication.

Doesn't matter, people still pay top dollar for the faked cards, no matter what type of warning is heeded.

How does it not matter?

I don't even give logo patch cards my time of day anymore due to the rancid infestation of patch fakers. You think I haven't paid "top dollar" before? How many of these "insanely cool" patch cards would go for so much more if only there were irrefutible evidence stating that it was authentic/untampered with? Um... how about ALL OF THEM.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
It's bad enough when you fail to get the promised hits in boxes, but it's even worse when you send in the wrappers and receipt only to get one of the worst autos in the product as compensation. Topps Chrome is the worst when it comes to auto collation.

Members online

Latest posts