Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Top 25 HS & College Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Glad to see Todd Cunningham there, he's a great kid. Plus I made his first ever card.

fc-05.jpg

Chris Sale as I have said on here before was filthy on Cape. Should be a good pro.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
I hope Drew Cisco goes in the 1st or 2nd round so he won't sign with UGA. He's had his stock see a dramatic rise over the Summer.
Looking more like a 3-6 round guy, but you're correct his stock has gone up considerably this summer. Good bloodlines - kid knows how to pitch.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
soccerman034 said:
What ever happened to Matt Harvey?
Put on some weight, lost his release point, had other mechanical problems and basically had a horrible year both at UNC and the Cape over the summer. Still has the raw stuff and velo though to be a top pick next year...or he could fall way down the board.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
If he can handle off speed better, Hunter Morris is just as strong as Harper, if not stronger. Look at my mad paint skillz to show how far he hit it in BP the last game.

hunterhomerhyannis.jpg

He also hit one around 550+ off Justin Grimm of Georgia that a lot said was hardest ever hit ball on Cape.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I just do not see the big deal with Harper. Sure, hes a talented catcher who hit HS pitching very well, but watching him play amongst his peers in the AS game made him look quite ordinary, if not out of place. I for one do not think he has the bat to even be considered for this list at all, let alone top it.

I'm going against the grain here and say Harper is going to be a bust. He will be lucky to make a dent in college let alone the minors. I do not even see him making the mlb at all. I know, I know, I'm wrong and every scout out there is right. I just do not see it.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
jlecates said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
I hope Drew Cisco goes in the 1st or 2nd round so he won't sign with UGA. He's had his stock see a dramatic rise over the Summer.
Looking more like a 3-6 round guy, but you're correct his stock has gone up considerably this summer. Good bloodlines - kid knows how to pitch.

Yeah his Garndfather pitched in the Blue Jays system I think. His brother Mike pitched at S Carolina and is now pitching in the Phillies system. Drew is supposed to be better than his brother so I was expecting him to be drafted somewhat high. Hopefully Sam Dyson has a great senior season and gets picked early.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
matfanofold said:
I just do not see the big deal with Harper. Sure, hes a talented catcher who hit HS pitching very well, but watching him play amongst his peers in the AS game made him look quite ordinary, if not out of place. I for one do not think he has the bat to even be considered for this list at all, let alone top it.

I'm going against the grain here and say Harper is going to be a bust. He will be lucky to make a dent in college let alone the minors. I do not even see him making the mlb at all. I know, I know, I'm wrong and every scout out there is right. I just do not see it.

get ready buddy to be riped apart ahahaha...Cause people on here will do exactly that

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
matty07 said:
matfanofold said:

get ready buddy to be riped apart ahahaha...Cause people on here will do exactly that

Well, it's been an hour and a half since he made that post and so far no one has.

I won't be the exception, either.

Why? Simple. It's all been said already, ad nauseum.

The mention of Harper either brings out undying love or intense hatred on these boards.

And frankly, it's already gotten old.

Just wait until next June, though. Oy.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
matfanofold said:

What are you basing your opinion on? Not saying that to be smug, just curious.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
beefycheddar said:
Glad to see Todd Cunningham there, he's a great kid. Plus I made his first ever card.

fc-05.jpg

Chris Sale as I have said on here before was filthy on Cape. Should be a good pro.

I <3 JSU players

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
jlecates said:
matfanofold said:

What are you basing your opinion on? Not saying that to be smug, just curious.

I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen of him in action, albiet not that much.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Penno said:
beefycheddar said:

fc-05.jpg

I <3 JSU players

We had Zylstra last year too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts