Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Topps Sterling PICS and CHECKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
Re: 2009 Topps Sterling

Lincecum has a jumbo swatch(patch?)/auto and no HOF bat barrels being cut up it looks like.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
This is an interesting box. Looks like they're still going player related, but perhaps "groups of players". I would assume this would be the best one to get. :)

sterlingbbbox.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Interesting. The first HOF'ers :shock:

So I'm guessing the prices of these boxes will be much more expensive then previous years.

Release date?

zan

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Zan said:

So I'm guessing the prices of these boxes will be much more expensive then previous years.

Release date?

zan

Why higher?

Not every box has the inaugural HOF class...

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Jeff N. said:
Zan said:

Release date?

zan

Why higher?

Not every box has the inaugural HOF class...

More premium cards. If they have that many players and that many sub-sets then they have to include at least 2 "high-end" cards per.

zan

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I honestly can't see how they could, in good conscience, raise the price.

Imagine if your 2 "hits" are Michael Young and David Ortiz.

Or H-Ram and Chutley.

Ugh.

jbh - 2006 was all on-card, and they were fantastic!

phxsunsfan

Aug 13, 2008
Looks good to me, just wanna see more scans.

I have busted 8 packs of basketball exquisite in the past couple of years, but have always been to chicken to open Sterling. I like the new format with different players in each box, so I think I will get the stones to actually do a few packs this year, lol.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Looks like watered down sterling to me ::facepalm:: , Dont get me wrong still some nice cards and will try and pick up some singles but for the buster very watered down compared to other years.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Great. One Sizemore card but it's a bat barrel. Can't wedge him into the base set at least?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
smapdi said:
Great. One Sizemore card but it's a bat barrel. Can't wedge him into the base set at least?
As was said before, I don't understand why any of these guys are in the set, including Dawson.

Obviously Topps has decided to completely water down this set.

Rumor has it that the price point is dropping as well.

Members online