Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zack Greinke leaves after 5 innings up 8-0... injury?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
He was dominating after only throwing 77 pitches and now he's out of the game. Anyone know what happened?

By the way, it was 8-0 when he left and after an inning the bullpen has already given up a pair of runs.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
chashawk said:
Why keep him in and risk injury? He already qualifies for the win.

Risk injury? For what, his upcoming 5+ months off? If the Royals were contenders I could understand that rationale but what are they holding him for? The only thing they have going for them the rest of the year are his Cy Young chances, and the Royals 'pen is putrid enough to blow this one, and he only threw 77 pitches.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
JEA2880 said:
chashawk said:
Why keep him in and risk injury? He already qualifies for the win.

Risk injury? For what, his upcoming 5+ months off? If the Royals were contenders I could understand that rationale but what are they holding him for? The only thing they have going for them the rest of the year are his Cy Young chances, and the Royals 'pen is putrid enough to blow this one, and he only threw 77 pitches.

Why risk the best thing you have going?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Frow said:
He was hit in the arm the previous inning. They likely didn't want to risk anything seeing as he had a huge lead and a possible win lined up.

Thanks for the clarification, just saw on Sportscenter. I figured something had to have happened for him to leave so soon.

Members online

Latest posts