Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baby Powder on Chrome cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
I was told by my brother that applying a little bit of baby powder to a chrome card will make it better for autographs, can anyone confirm this or explain it for me a little better? There are a few players that obviously there only card is a chrome card and I have had two that gotta kinda faded. Thanks for any help here

Jaycob

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Use baby powder on any glossy surfaced card, including the chrome cards. It gets some of the gloss off and helps the signature adhere. Chrome look great signed, too.
DANNY

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
I have several chrome cards signed, all were rubbed with a little baby powder and it works great. Some people also say they prefer using a white eraser but I never had much success that way.

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
How much would you say you put on? Like a pinch full and rub it with a tissue? Your fingers? Thanks for your help guys and please pardon my ignorance

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Sprinkle a little on and rub it in with your finger tips. I would think a "pinch" would do. Why do I feel like I'm getting ready to bake a cake?
DANNY

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
dano7 said:
Sprinkle a little on and rub it in with your finger tips. I would think a "pinch" would do. Why do I feel like I'm getting ready to bake a cake?
DANNY

Lol, thanks for the help and if you could put Chocolate frosting on top that would be great, thanks!

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
pray4mojo said:
If you're getting autos IP, and if you want to be lazy and not rub down a ton of cards, get a Staedtler Lumocolor. Absolutely no prep-work needed!

They carry them at Dick Blick if you have one nearby.
http://www.dickblick.com/zz213/38/

Thanks for the heads up, I'll see if I can locate some of those!

Members online

Latest posts