Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NOLAN REIMOLD Done for year....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Orioles rookie Reimold done for season with injury

BALTIMORE (AP)—Orioles rookie outfielder Nolan Reimold has been placed on the 15-day disabed list with tendinitis in his left Achilles’ tendon, ending his season.

Reimold is batting .279 with 15 home runs and 45 RBIs in 104 games. He leads AL rookies in home runs, on-base percentage (.365), slugging percentage (.466), walks (47) and total bases (167).

:cry:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
damn it Russ....let's hope Beckham continues to plummet his average. He had a clear shot at ROY.

In all honesty I would rather have Beckham win ROY and Reimold be 100% next year and ESPECIALLY 2011 when the O's will compete in the AL East:)

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
damn it Russ....let's hope Beckham continues to plummet his average. He had a clear shot at ROY.

In all honesty I would rather have Beckham win ROY and Reimold be 100% next year and ESPECIALLY 2011 when the O's will compete in the AL East:)

mature.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
markakis8 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
numba1yankeefan said:
markakis8 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:?: Truth hurts?

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
J.O. said:
markakis8 said:

mature.

Eh, they aren't wishing injury on the guy...they want him to do poorly so their guy has a better shot at the award. I don't see what maturity has to do with that.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
J.O. said:
markakis8 said:

mature.

Eh, they aren't wishing injury on the guy...they want him to do poorly so their guy has a better shot at the award. I don't see what maturity has to do with that.

i guess. in all my posts where i mention beckham for roy, i'm mostly joking. but i don't ever say "i hope reimold struggles." after all, if your guy's chance to win is ridind on the failure of another player, then maybe he shouldn't be winning at all. :D ;)

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
J.O. said:
pujolsjunkie said:
[quote="J.O.":3q0he6h6]
markakis8 said:

mature.

i guess. in all my posts where i mention beckham for roy, i'm mostly joking. but i don't ever say "i hope reimold struggles." after all, if your guy's chance to win is ridind on the failure of another player, then maybe he shouldn't be winning at all. :D ;)[/quote:3q0he6h6]

Well just because you aren't shouldn't preclude them from doing it. :lol:

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
J.O. said:
pujolsjunkie said:
[quote="J.O.":3p3khyb1]
markakis8 said:

mature.

i guess. in all my posts where i mention beckham for roy, i'm mostly joking. but i don't ever say "i hope reimold struggles." after all, if your guy's chance to win is ridind on the failure of another player, then maybe he shouldn't be winning at all. :D ;)

beckham's going to win either way

Well just because you aren't shouldn't preclude them from doing it. :lol:[/quote:3p3khyb1]

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
J.O. said:
pujolsjunkie said:
[quote="J.O.":1gxowayd]
markakis8 said:

mature.

i guess. in all my posts where i mention beckham for roy, i'm mostly joking. but i don't ever say "i hope reimold struggles." after all, if your guy's chance to win is ridind on the failure of another player, then maybe he shouldn't be winning at all. :D ;)[/quote:1gxowayd]
That's not the case at all to be honest.
Reimold's numbers are better right now.
Beckham is continuing to struggle and choke, and Reimold is out the final 2 weeks, so I don't see either winning whether WE think they should or not.
One of the pitchers will probably get the nod unfortunately.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
oh c'mon JO i had given you more respect than that. you are going to sit there and tell me that if Nolan Reimold hits 3 HR's in tomorrow's game (if he wasn't injured) that your heart won't sink a bit?

I want Beckham to strike out every at-bat....he's not an Orioles, I could give two sh**s about the White Sox...I want Reimold to win.

It'd be the same thing if Beckham was hitting AGAINST the Orioles. I would want him to FAIL.

Not like I asked for him to break his leg...

Grow up and get your DSL's off his D.

J.O. said:

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
sorry markakis. i was semi-joking. truce on no more ROY talk until it's announced ? :)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
i honestly don't think it will be a STARTING pitcher...it's going to be Reimold, Beckham or Bailey, I guarantee it.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
markakis8 said:
i honestly don't think it will be a STARTING pitcher...it's going to be Reimold, Beckham or Bailey, I guarantee it.

Bailey is the only one of those three that honestly deserves it. It should be between him, Porcello and Niemann. I happen to think Niemann is the most deserving.

Members online

Latest posts