Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Be honest, do u want Razor to succeed in the baseball market

Do you want Razor to succeed in the baseball market?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Re: e honest, do you want Razor to succeed in the baseball marke

I do not suppose I would wish bad things on anyone, but if player exclusives do to cardboard what console exclusives did to gaming, I'm not so sure I like it... So I'll just post up a "I dont care" for the moment with a bit of leaning towards "I wish him well"..

:)

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
I'm happy with Topps for my vintage and any decent looking card from any company for my modern. SO I guess I really don't card. Truth be told, I couldn't even tell you what a Razor card looks like.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

RandomH said:
rico08 said:
Why would anyone want Razor to fail?
Well I don't know maybe you are a only Bowman type of guy.

yeah i was gonna say maybe the people who vote no just want bowman to be able to get the draft picks without any difficulties or somethin

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Just as long as it makes BDP keep getting stronger and stronger. I think Topps did a fine job this year, so they have set high standards.

If it has no direct impact on BDP,ETC... I really don't care one bit.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I doubt the people who might now want Razor to succeed are saying that want the Razor people to fail. More that Razor shakes up an industry that many liked, and it makes the hobby that much more complicated.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

100% YES (though I haven't been an outspoken supporter because I'm not completely sold on the product or it's stability on the secondary market) as I fully believe that competition is good for the collector & Razor will definitely be pushing the competition to "put up or shutup"! However, I'm not one of the member's whom thinks Razor is "listening" to the collector's for the mere reason of showing that they care; Brian is clearly starting a brand from scratch & trying to get it off the ground & established. He's basically received market feedback & idea's to improve his product for free off of this board (which was a GREAT move IMO as it was a HUGE "win-win"). I truly hope Razor takes off & doesn't look back (& I hope that Brian doesn't let us down by leasing out ANY of Razor's "exclusive" player's...as that would be a HUGE kick in that gems to his customer's)! Goodluck Brain/Razor! :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

Sorry, I tried to edit something & it reprinted my post-oops!

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
I hope they succeed for a couple of reasons.

1. I feel that competition is always best for the collectors.
2. I feel that they are going to continually work and listen so they give collectors what they really want. Right now, I feel there are lots of products that are just regurgitated year-after-year.

David

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
I voted NO but I guess I really did not mean for them to fail so to say. To be honest I would MUCH rather have a nice blue refractor of Hosmer then any Razor on-card auto. However, I do not really wish for Razor to fail. Maybe they can lock up exclusives next year then just sell them off to Topps? Maybe? Idk, I just would certainly prefer the top picks to be base cards in chrome then autos in Razor simply because Chrome is king. Also I do not like how Razor is coming out with new products using their exclusives. Beckham will have most likely have 4 cards and at least 2 autos before next year if I am understanding things correctly.

With that said, I do not wish for Brian to fail, just his market strategy :x that sounds harsher then it is :D I just want the top picks to be in Chrome, that's all.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
ThoseBackPages said:
I would like to see them take over for TriStar as the Official MiLB card maker

I can get down with this.

I voted "don't care". I don't wish bad things upon Razor, and I do like the idea of Topps being pushed a bit so they don't become too complacent, but I don't want my favorite product to be missing big name prospects every year because another company is throwing around crazy money. Then draft products become too much like the actual draft.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
I voted yes, Brian is trying what no card company has done, and that is listen to collectors. There should never be a monopoly on card collecting.

Members online