Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT-greatest graphic novel/comic book movie?

Best of the Best

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
With the current comic book adaptation explosion (including the second highest grossing movie ever) which do you feel is the best? I left the "other" open for discussion, and I tried to be varied in my options. Personally I would choose Oldboy, the Korean adaptation of the Manga. Spiderman 2 was my favorite out of them, and probably a tie between Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Tomlinson21RB said:
I'd say Sin City was my favorite. Probably followed by the dark knight and ironman.
I was going to put that one in actually. Certainly far my favorite, but still a well-done movie.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
You left out 300 and X-Men, most notably, though I wouldn't vote for either. Until Dark Knight came out I would've said Ghost World. And my hopes are officially up for Watchmen. The crystal castle scene on Mars looks worth the price of admission alone.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
BobKaneAuto.jpg

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
smapdi said:
You left out 300 and X-Men, most notably, though I wouldn't vote for either. Until Dark Knight came out I would've said Ghost World. And my hopes are officially up for Watchmen. The crystal castle scene on Mars looks worth the price of admission alone.
I needed to leave some out. I was somewhat subjective, and of course there's always the other option. Personally the X-Men franchise didn't do it for me. Fun movies but that's about it. I can't wait for Watchmen either. Do they have a new trailer? I'll have to check that out. :)

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
dark knight, but with old boy a close second.

the scary part is there are talks of a remake of oldboy, by will smith/steven spielberg. As much as I like will smith as an Angels pitcher the thought of this remake makes me sick. Smith already killed the book I am Legend.:( :x :cry: :shock:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
MTBright said:

the scary part is there are talks of a remake of oldboy, by will smith/steven spielberg. As much as I like will smith as an Angels pitcher the thought of this remake makes me sick. Smith already killed the book I am Legend.:( :x :cry: :shock:
NO! Oldboy shouldn't be redone by Hollywood. Wouldn't be the same...Very few movies are repulsive and beautiful at the same time.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
MTBright said:

I am legend was fantastic

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
MTBright said:

I am legend was fantastic

You are right the book I am Legend was great ;) . The movie had nothing to do with the book, so as a I am Legend movie it sucked beyond belief, if they called it something else it may have been ok. But even without comparing it two the book it had some major issues.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
MOFNY said:
MTBright said:

NO! Oldboy shouldn't be redone by Hollywood. Wouldn't be the same...Very few movies are repulsive and beautiful at the same time.

I have no idea why or what makes them think that american movie goers could even handle the major ideas of oldboy, so with that in mind scratch the hotel hallway hammer scene, the tooth extraction, and the whole ****** ideas. But then again I am legend was about vampires i think but not in the movie.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
MTBright said:
MOFNY said:
MTBright said:

I have no idea why or what makes them think that american movie goers could even handle the major ideas of oldboy, so with that in mind scratch the hotel hallway hammer scene, the tooth extraction, and the whole ****** ideas. But then again I am legend was about vampires i think but not in the movie.
That twist almost made me sick. I really need to watch that movie again. I could seriously watch it back to back. The remake would have all the violence, but the essence and beauty would evaporate around it.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
MOFNY said:
MTBright said:
MOFNY said:
MTBright said:

That twist almost made me sick. I really need to watch that movie again. I could seriously watch it back to back. The remake would have all the violence, but the essence and beauty would evaporate around it.

I dont think they would have the same amount of violence, I think they would have to tone it down and change the key twist points.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
MTBright said:
MOFNY said:
MTBright said:
MOFNY said:
MTBright said:

I dont think they would have the same amount of violence, I think they would have to tone it down and change the key twist points.
According to wikipedia-"Smith has clarified Spielberg will not be remaking the film though: he is adapting the manga itself, which lacks the octopus eating and ****** from the original." The manga was different from the original movie.

As far as I know, the plot was not taken from an existing comic at the time it was made, but one of the greatest (and most underrated) animated movies ever made, period, was

Batman, Mask of The Phantasm

This was the end and perfection of an era. It was the end, or nearly so, of purely, old style, animated films without computer graphics, or help.

Solid if not spectacular plot, score was memorable and impressive. And the animation is probably some of the best I've ever seen.

One of my favorite movies of all time.

:: In Don Lefartain's voice ::
It's animation stands alone.

-Josh

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
V for Vendetta--awesome book, but found the movie even more moving (despite the disparaging remarks from Alan Moore about it). I am curious to see how Hollywood does with Watchmen.

Members online

Latest posts