Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's a good case to bust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
I've never busted a case before, and I might be running into a little bit of money here shortly, so I figured I should probably go for it. So in yall's opinion, what would be a good case to bust? Of course, I'm looking for something fun to bust and something I can make a little money back with (not make a profit, just make some money back to cover some of the cost of the case). Would you bust high end or stick to something middle of the road? Give me your opinions.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
WNP22 said:
I've never busted a case before, and I might be running into a little bit of money here shortly, so I figured I should probably go for it. So in yall's opinion, what would be a good case to bust? Of course, I'm looking for something fun to bust and something I can make a little money back with (not make a profit, just make some money back to cover some of the cost of the case). Would you bust high end or stick to something middle of the road? Give me your opinions.

07 BCDP.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.

+1

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.

+1

+2 and wait for the weekend specials at blowout. You can get a case for $498 dlvd!

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.
Who were the big names/big sellers in this set? (Other than Lincecum of course)

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
2009-10 exquisite basketball. Pull me a Tiger.

I think some of the middle range cases are too hit and miss- you can't underestimate the odds of being able to pull something significant.

Your best chance at hitting something big is out of exquisite- the highest thrill pack, and one of the very few products that can yield you a $10,000 ++ card.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
WNP22 said:
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.
if you pull a lincecum red, super or plate let me know ;)

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
WNP22 said:
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.

Jason Heyward, Freddie Freeman, Madison Bumgarner, Matt LaPorta, Mike Moustakas, David Price, Julio Borbon, Joba Chamberlain, and more.

Auto checklist sucked though. Ben Revere, Todd Frazier redemptions, Pete Kozma, Clayton Mortensen, and it really didn't get much better..

Anthony

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
WNP22 said:
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.

Jason Heyward, Freddie Freeman, Madison Bumgarner, Matt LaPorta, Mike Moustakas, David Price, Julio Borbon, Joba Chamberlain, and more.

Auto checklist sucked though. Ben Revere, Todd Frazier redemptions, Pete Kozma, Clayton Mortensen, and it really didn't get much better..

Anthony

Beau Mills and Tim Alderson are pretty darn good :D

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
jjj7880 said:
aminors said:
WNP22 said:
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.

Anthony

Beau Mills and Tim Alderson are pretty darn good :D
they are, too bad i can't let go of my aldersons :(

could use some paypal

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
WNP22 said:
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.

There's no Lincecum auto in 2007 bcdp, just a "series 2" type base card.

How much money do you want to spend, and what are your collecting/investing goals? That'll help us find a better answer for you.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
brouthercard said:
WNP22 said:
mredsox89 said:
WNP22 said:

07 BCDP.

There's no Lincecum auto in 2007 bcdp, just a "series 2" type base card.

How much money do you want to spend, and what are your collecting/investing goals? That'll help us find a better answer for you.
Ah my bad I got confused. I'm not looking to spend a boatload of money (like buying a case of Topps Sterling), but I'd be willing to buy a decent mid-range to lower high-end case. And with this case, I'm really just looking to treat myself and bust something fairly exciting. Now, of course, I'd like to make some coin back after busting the case, but it's not going to bother me if I don't get too close to covering the cost. Of course, it'd also be nice to bust something with that chance of a "big hit". So what do you got?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
WNP22 said:
Bump for more opinions and input

What do you want to pull? Do you collect prospects? Do you collect modern day guys? Do you collect retired/deceased players?

One collector may get excited to pull a Mke Stanton orange refractor auto, but you may care less.

Maybe you get excited pulling a rare pujols autograph?

How about a Jimmie Foxx bat card?

You gotta give us more info. Today's card market has too many products to choose from, and there is a niche for everyone, it's just that it's so diverse that you are not going to get a good answer unless you let us know what you are looking for.

I'll tell you that if you get a case of Razor Vault archives, you'll do fairly well, but it's not a baseball product, and i'm assuming you could care less about non sport autos.

So tell us what type of card you want to go for, and not just "something that's good" ::facepalm::

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
brouthercard said:
WNP22 said:

What do you want to pull? Do you collect prospects? Do you collect modern day guys? Do you collect retired/deceased players?

One collector may get excited to pull a Mke Stanton orange refractor auto, but you may care less.

You gotta give us more info. Today's card market has too many products to choose from, and there is a niche for everyone, it's just that it's so diverse that you are not going to get a good answer unless you let us know what you are looking for.

I'll tell you that if you get a case of Razor Vault archives, you'll do fairly well, but it's not a baseball product, and i'm assuming you could care less about non sport autos.

So tell us what type of card you want to go for, and not just "something that's good" ::facepalm::
Haha I know, I know...I should've been more specific. If I had to pick my niche, it would be retired/deceased players. Getting those types of hits and cards has always been the most fun for me. Those are the cards that stay in my collection for a while. And I'm really not into prospecting that much.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
WNP22 said:
brouthercard said:
WNP22 said:

Haha I know, I know...I should've been more specific. If I had to pick my niche, it would be retired/deceased players. Getting those types of hits and cards has always been the most fun for me. Those are the cards that stay in my collection for a while. And I'm really not into prospecting that much.

Scratch BDP then

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts