Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who are the 2 guys who bet on zack greinke's era??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
I remember about 4 months ago 2 of you guys bet on zack greinke's era being under 3. Well, whoever bet it will be over 3 is going to lose. Greinke is dominating the redsox right now and his era is at 2.10 :eek: :shock:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
it was hofautos and i. but i also said he would get to 20 wins....

i actually never took the bet though b/c of exactly what happened. i knew greinke was going to dominate ALL year, just was scared the royals wouldn't help him get to 20.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
oh someone actually took him up on his bet? brave man...

brumbach said:
I took HOF up on it, the thread got deleted and I got a slap on the wrist and a warning level 1 added to my account for "betting". The other half of the bet was 20 wins which didn't happen.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
brumbach said:
I took HOF up on it, the thread got deleted and I got a slap on the wrist and a warning level 1 added to my account for "betting". The other half of the bet was 20 wins which didn't happen.

Ah no way! I was looking alllll over for the thread a few weeks ago, no wonder I never found it.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
brumbach said:

Betting is a no no?

Opening wax is okay, but betting is a no no.

I guess that bet for Cardinals v Phillies in the WS I have with Sam didn't happen.... (roll eyes)

You didn't see aaaaaaaaaaaaaanything...

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
mchenrycards said:
Isnt prospecting a huge gamble as well?????

Not at all. You are guaranteed to get something prospecting. You may lose money on it, but you definitely get something. Gambling is you could get something, or lose what you put in and get nothing back.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Jeff N. said:
brumbach said:

Betting is a no no?

I guess that bet for Cardinals v Phillies in the WS I have with Sam didn't happen.... (roll eyes)

mlbgamble2.jpg

I always considered opening wax a form of gambling myself...

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
Jeff N. said:
brumbach said:

Betting is a no no?

mlbgamble2.jpg

I always considered opening wax a form of gambling myself...

You pay money for wax, you are guaranteed something. That's not gambling.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
beefycheddar said:
mchenrycards said:

Not at all. You are guaranteed to get something prospecting. You may lose money on it, but you definitely get something. Gambling is you could get something, or lose what you put in and get nothing back.

I disagree as to what you consider "something". Gambling provides you with an experience; a rush above and beyond what you can "win" or "lose" -- that experience is something that, while intangible, you still get with gambling, whether you win or lose.

From a tangible aspect, yes, prospecting gives you the ability to wind up with a worthless stack of chrome cards, which is different than gambling. . . but both provide you with "something".

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
beefycheddar said:
mchenrycards said:

I disagree as to what you consider "something". Gambling provides you with an experience; a rush above and beyond what you can "win" or "lose" -- that experience is something that, while intangible, you still get with gambling, whether you win or lose.

From a tangible aspect, yes, prospecting gives you the ability to wind up with a worthless stack of chrome cards, which is different than gambling. . . but both provide you with "something".

You get a physical good when prospecting. That's like saying buying a car is gambling, or a house, or really anything in the world. Sure there is the potential for it to be worth more money, or there is to be worth less. As far as a feeling you get from gambling, you get a feeling from a Red Bull buying a red bull and drinking it. Is that gambling or buying something? It's buying something.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Jeff N. said:
beefycheddar said:
mchenrycards said:

You get a physical good when prospecting. That's like saying buying a car is gambling, or a house, or really anything in the world. Sure there is the potential for it to be worth more money, or there is to be worth less. As far as a feeling you get from gambling, you get a feeling from a Red Bull buying a red bull and drinking it. Is that gambling or buying something? It's buying something.

With card product's (packs/boxes/cases) you are buying something & taking a gamble on it being worth anything! ;) :D

Members online

Latest posts