Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steelers vs. Bengals Sunday; Dare I say Bengals 2-1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Title says it all. The next 3 games for my Bengals are the Steelers, Browns, and Ravens. Winning 2 of them would be awesome, winning all 3 would be a miracle. :lol:

With the improvement of the defense and the offense seeming to finally find something Sunday, I think the Bengals have a chance.

I am a huge Bengals and football fan and there is no team that I hate more than the Steelers. It would absolutely make my day if the Bengals beat the Steelers Sunday.

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
The Bengals have been a pleasant surprise this year....Can't say that its unexpected tho, as I was predicting they would be much improved this year and have a decent year.....

Hazeofgreen

May 4, 2009
blazers091 said:
no, they get torched by ben and fast willie

Willie is still fast? Someone probably forgot to tell him that. Word on the street is he hangs with CP in the offseason...

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
muskiesfan said:
Title says it all. The next 3 games for my Bengals are the Steelers, Browns, and Ravens. Winning 2 of them would be awesome, winning all 3 would be a miracle. :lol:

With the improvement of the defense and the offense seeming to finally find something Sunday, I think the Bengals have a chance.
I am a huge Bengals and football fan and there is no team that I hate more than the Steelers. It would absolutely make my day if the Bengals beat the Steelers Sunday.

Any given Sunday. When you are everyones homecoming every game is tough. That being said the Lions fans said the same thing last week.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
It's wishful thinking on my part. I don't think it will be a blowout by any means, but I'm not sure the Bengals can pull it out.

I do think they will be be able to hang with the Steelers though. This is a much beter team than the one that went 4-11-1 last year. I also think it's laughable to compare the Bengals to the Lions.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
muskiesfan said:
It's wishful thinking on my part. I don't think it will be a blowout by any means, but I'm not sure the Bengals can pull it out.

I do think they will be be able to hang with the Steelers though. This is a much beter team than the one that went 4-11-1 last year. I also think it's laughable to compare the Bengals to the Lions.

I know right not fair to the Lions... Better RB, Best Wideout in thegame, Better D and up and coming QB ;)

The Steelers could lose this game. I see them going 11-5 then anything can happen in the playoffs

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
mstng99tim said:
I wouldn't bet on it.

this. Bengals need another good game out of Cedric and I think Chris Henry needs to step up big to help Ochocinco.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Bengals need alot of favours to make this happen, but as stated, nothing is impossible. The recipe is there to pressure Ben and with little to no run game they could make things difficult for the Steelers offense. I hope for you as well cause no one likes to see one team so consistently dominate. I'd never bet on Cincy this weekend though but my hopes will be with them.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
If Antwan Odom has another five-sack game they might have a chance. :lol:

And that could be a possibility given how long Ben stays in the pocket before he throws.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If the Bengals can somehow put up 25+ points by the 4th, they'll win. Worthlessberger and the Steelers cannot put up that many points.

And in what I'm sure could be the words of John Madden - "The team with the most points at the end just might win this one."

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
wheeler281 said:
muskiesfan said:

I know right not fair to the Lions... Better RB, Best Wideout in thegame, Better D and up and coming QB ;)

The Steelers could lose this game. I see them going 11-5 then anything can happen in the playoffs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I walked right into that one. Don't get me wrong, as much as it pains me to say it, the Steelers do have a good team. Ulike the last couple of years though, I don't think the Bengals will be a push over. The next 3 weeks are great because the division games are always good (except playing Cleveland, because they suck :lol: ).

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
If the Bengals can somehow put up 25+ points by the 4th, they'll win. Worthlessberger and the Steelers cannot put up that many points.

And in what I'm sure could be the words of John Madden - "The team with the most points at the end just might win this one."

Come on man, I know you hate the Steelers and all, but are you trying to say the Steelers can't put up 30+ points on the Bengals weakass D?!?!?! Last season, the Steelers scored 30+ points in 1/4 of their games and outscored the Bungles 65-20 in 2 games. I know it was last season and this is a new season, but not much on the Steelers offense has changed since last season.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I just don't know how you can say the Bengals D is so weak.

Week 1- 2 FGs and a fluke TD
Week 2- 24 Points, but 7 were off an interception return for a TD and another TD was off of an interception that was returned to the 7 yard line.

You take away the fluke TD and the 14 points off of turnovers and that's only 16 points in the first 2 weeks. I obviously know those points do in fact count, but you get the point. The defense is much improved. Hell, the defense finished 12th last year. They have also improved their pass rush. They had 17 sacks all of last season and have 9 already through the first 2.

I'm a homer and all, but I'm willing to admit that there's a good chance that they lose on Sunday. You have to give them some credit that they are an improved team over last year. We're not talking about the Browns here. :lol:

Members online