Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trip To Italy & Nice Pick-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I got back late Monday from a trip to Italy. We went from Rome, Venice, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and back to Rome in eight days.

Along the way, I was lucky enough to get engaged in Venice. To those of you that we met at the National, you know the woman could most likely do better than me! :)

I reduced the quality of these images so they would be a little friendly and load faster. The picture of Venice at night is incredible in full resolution and size. I will post some more later if anyone is interested. Also, I have a few cool pix of St. Peters.

I have to say....Pompeii was amazing, truly amazing. I also thought that Venice looked like a Disney ride. :)

A standard photo of the colossuem.
colossuemsky.jpg

I like the contrast of the modern cars with the colossuem as the backdrop.
colossuemcars.jpg

Again, Pompeii was incredible. I have other great images that I will post later.
pompeii.jpg

Venice during the day....
veniceday.jpg

Venice at night, I will try and post a higher resolution image later.
venicenight.jpg

And lastly, the wife in training. This being wife2.0, it seems they have corrected some of the problems I had with wife1.0.
venice.jpg

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
Great pics. i had the chance to visit there when i was in the Navy and had a blast. i think i took the same pic from almost the same spot in pompei lol

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
ThoseBackPages said:
Very nice!

Glad to see your getting over RUN pretty quickly (since he announced that he left you for Shakira earlier this month)

I don't get the "RUN" reference?

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Italy is awesome, I visited Rome for a few days 2 years ago when I was living in London. It's such a great city and everything is in walking distance for the most part. I hope you went to the Vatican and the Vatican Museum, great stuff there.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
andyduke86 said:
Italy is awesome, I visited Rome for a few days 2 years ago when I was living in London. It's such a great city and everything is in walking distance for the most part. I hope you went to the Vatican and the Vatican Museum, great stuff there.

The Vatican was cool.....I have some great photos from the museum, wish you were allowed to take photographs inside the Sistine Chapel. I doubt it is something that I will ever forget but a few pix for memories sake would have been nice.

BTW, we both thought Rome was dirty....and smelled like a giant armpit. In many places, it smelled like the entire city of Rome took a whiz on the sidewalk. Not a clean city by any stretch.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Great pics. I went to Italy 2 years ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

The food is so good.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
angelsrockies4ever said:
While in Sorrento, did you go to Positano? Both cities were incredible when I visited.

Yes, we rode a city bus to Positano and down the coast.....needless to say the view was incredible. It puts the Pacific Coast Highway to shame. We took a ferry boat back from Positano to Sorrento.....it was cool.

Here is Positano.....

IMG_2145.jpg

Another of Pompeii.....

IMG_2072.jpg

Some of the artwork painted on the walls in Pompeii....amazing this is still around from before 79 AD.

IMG_2081.jpg

Inside St. Peters and the Vatican....

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Thanks for sharing MU.
Pics are great.

We are planning a trip there next summer.
Pisa, Venice, Rome, (possibly Pompei)

I'm Only 6 hours from the Italy border. ;)

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Thnaks for sharing.....brings back memories of my trip to Italy in 1987 :eek: Spent my Jr. year in College in UK and got to travel the continent for 5 weeks. In Italy I was able to spend good chunks of time in Milan, Florence, Venice, Rome, and Verona. Saw Leaning Tower as well.

I am envious of you as the food (and drink) was amazing (and cheap)!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
MaineMule said:
Thnaks for sharing.....brings back memories of my trip to Italy in 1987 :eek: Spent my Jr. year in College in UK and got to travel the continent for 5 weeks. In Italy I was able to spend good chunks of time in Milan, Florence, Venice, Rome, and Verona. Saw Leaning Tower as well.

Not so much anymore unfortunately. The Euro to the dollar is horrible. I'm sure the great food isn't too cheap as you would think, especially compared to '87 and the Mark.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Great pics guys..

One of my friends from work, had to go over there to support the company.. (Some of the 787 stuff)..

He said he enjoyed it and the pace of the people over there as well..

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Russ S. said:
MaineMule said:

Not so much anymore unfortunately. The Euro to the dollar is horrible. I'm sure the great food isn't too cheap as you would think, especially compared to '87 and the Mark.

By no means is it cheap....each US $1 translates into about $0.65 in Euros. Plus, Coke or Diet Coke is expensive in Europe in general....I think the woman spent over $100 drinking Diet Cokes on the trip. :)

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
notjomommasclint said:
that night venice photo is amazing. that is on the very short lists of places i would love to visit before i meet my demise. congrats on the wifey to be can we be expecting a poor mans twitter update day of wedding?

"Tweets" of the wedding day would be boring and uneventful.....however, Tweets from the bachelor party in Vegas, well that is another story. I would be somewhat concerned that the content would earn me a life time ban from the FCB and I doubt I want to leave any evidence behind for the wifey to be to find. :D

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
muchuckwagon said:
Russ S. said:
MaineMule said:

By no means is it cheap....each US $1 translates into about $0.65 in Euros. Plus, Coke or Diet Coke is expensive in Europe in general....I think the woman spent over $100 drinking Diet Cokes on the trip. :)
$100, you got off cheap bro!!
I was shocked how pricey things are here. Soda especially. Like $3 for a 4-6oz glass. And they don't believe in FREE Refills here, so it does get pricey. Don't know how Italy is yet, but it's pricey here in Germany, and I miss unlimited ice... LOL

Looks like you had a blast!! Congrats bud.