Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone collect the yellow Autographed HOF Plaque Postcards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I picked up a whole bunch of these recently, and they seem like a nice way to get some HOF signatures for very reasonable prices. I was just wondering if anyone collected these. (No scans, sorry as I have not received them yet.)

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
I have a few but I'm always looking for more. I like them because they look nice and they're quite affordable.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I have a bunch of autographed HOF plaque postcards of players I sent to TTM in the '80s.
Old school guys like Charlie Gehringer, Hank Greenberg, Bill Terry, Lou Boudreau, Billy Herman, Enos Slaughter and many others.
I haven't scanned them yet, but I'll try to remember this weekend.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Austin said:
I have a bunch of autographed HOF plaque postcards of players I sent to TTM in the '80s.
Old school guys like Charlie Gehringer, Hank Greenberg, Bill Terry, Lou Boudreau, Billy Herman, Enos Slaughter and many others.
I haven't scanned them yet, but I'll try to remember this weekend.
Sweet. I'll scan mine when I get them, but I'd love to see what you have.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Incidentally, how does one get unsigned copies of these? They sell them at the Hall?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Incidentally, how does one get unsigned copies of these? They sell them at the Hall?

Yes, there is a huge wall of these for sale at the HOF gift shop.

For the most part, these can be had cheap. But you would be amazed at the price that some of these go for when a player passes away soon after his induction...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Mighty Bombjack said:
Topnotchsy said:

For the most part, these can be had cheap. But you would be amazed at the price that some of these go for when a player passes away soon after his induction...
I noticed that. There's a couple of names on eBay with really high BIN's.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
There are also older versions of these postcards. They've been around for a *long* time, and some collectors place a large premium on the older editions. They have been relatively similar from edition to edition, but I'm no expert...

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
Topnotchsy said:

I noticed that. There's a couple of names on eBay with really high BIN's.

A slabbed Goose Goslin index card can be had for 150. I saw a slabbed HOF postcard go for 2000+!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
ajw said:
I just stumbled upon this article on PSA's website. If you're interested in these postcards, you should check it out: http://www.psacard.com/articles/article2410.chtml. And part two:
article_view.chtml
Great stuff!! Thanked.

Members online