Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lidge blows another save!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
This has to be one of the worst seasons I have ever seen for a closer. That just cost me $300 as well :oops: :oops: :oops:

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
At this point it's become laughable.

The Phillies won't win anything in the playoff(if they get there) this year, because of one guy.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Someone must have accidentally show him that tape of when Pujols crushed that homer in the Playoffs years ago and is now reliving the after affects again ;) .

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
This has to be one of the worst seasons I have ever seen for a closer. That just cost me $300 as well :oops: :oops: :oops:

Did you have a bet going on the game Jordan?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
jjj7880 said:
Jays_Cards said:

Yea, I bet everyday on Bodog. I had a 2 team Red Sox and Phils parlay.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
jjj7880 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1uacyt49]This has to be one of the worst seasons I have ever seen for a closer. That just cost me $300 as well :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yea, I bet everyday on Bodog. I had a 2 team Red Sox and Phils parlay.[/quote:1uacyt49]

Jump on chat?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Charlie has one job to succeed in the playoffs at this point. Don't pitch Brad Lidge...

I'm sorry, I'm all for sticking behind a guy when times get rough. But he has struggled ALL year. Even the saves he gets he's given up 1-2 runs.

Charlie needs to go to someone else. Period.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
markakis8 said:
Charlie has one job to succeed in the playoffs at this point. Don't pitch Brad Lidge...

I'm sorry, I'm all for sticking behind a guy when times get rough. But he has struggled ALL year. Even the saves he gets he's given up 1-2 runs.

He doesnt really have anyone else, though. Madsen has been completely awful in save situations as well. I believe he has 6 or 7 blown saves on top of what Lidge has racked up.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
markakis8 said:

He doesnt really have anyone else, though. Madsen has been completely awful in save situations as well. I believe he has 6 or 7 blown saves on top of what Lidge has racked up.

Madson has had good games and bad games. Recently he has looked better, except for the David Wright pitch. His only problem has been pitch selection and location. If he pitched like a closer he would be mush better then Lidge(and even if he doesn't he's still better).

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
then you go to someone else. there are 7-8 guys out there. walker, romero, whoever they have out there....you have to try something different at this point.

he has like 10 games to try and find something that clicks.

Jays_Cards said:
markakis8 said:

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
markakis8 said:
then you go to someone else. there are 7-8 guys out there. walker, romero, whoever they have out there....you have to try something different at this point.

he has like 10 games to try and find something that clicks.

Jays_Cards said:
markakis8 said:

Charlie better find something that works. I want a Phillies-Yankees world series so that I can talk legitimate trash to my friends who are Yankees fans here in Binghamton, NY. :p

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Park. Park will be healthy by the playoffs. He's got the mindset to do it. If Myers is healed up, he's the choice.

Move Tyler Walker into the Park role, and we're good.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
jjj7880 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1dszjiwy]This has to be one of the worst seasons I have ever seen for a closer. That just cost me $300 as well :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yea, I bet everyday on Bodog. I had a 2 team Red Sox and Phils parlay.[/quote:1dszjiwy]

I use BetUS. I had a 3 team parlay on the Sox, Phils and Dodgers. When the Dodgers had the bases loaded with no outs in the 9th and didn't score, I couldn't believe it. At least Lidge blowing the game made me feel better. If the Nationals stopped me from cashing in there, I would have been more annoyed. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts