Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1/1 Mailday! Dave Kingman style....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
kong1.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not as sweet as the one in your sig, but :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Incredible cards! Take those over any superfractor any day of the week!

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
sweet card, i picked up my grich below in 2004 for less than the price of a pack ($40) :D

grich1.jpg

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Brewer Andy - I am with you. Those cards are much more appealing than a superfractor of a guy that perhaps won't make it to the show. I am not into prospecting so I don't see the allure but there are many collectors that are so there must be some satisfaction. For me personally, I would much rather spend my money on a player that is doing it or has done it rather than someone that could do it.

Halonut - WOW!!! Nice to see a run of a player like that! Sweet Grich cards!

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008
Nice card and especially like the Rice in your sig, but King Kong was ridiculously mean to my brother once when he asked for an autograph. Not one of my favorite players.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Your right.
There was a collector that had several hundred cards from this set, many 1/1's, and according to the description on his auction listingts he has decided to pursue another project. Take a look at his completed auctions and you wil see what I mean. I believe that he got over $1k for a Rod Carew 1/1 rookie. Sick collection.

I was fortunate enough to be able to get 2 of the 4 guys that I collect, their 1/1 rookies.
The other two, Rob Dibble 1989 and Lee Smith 1982 are still out there.

DaleMurphyCollector said:
Nice card! It seems like an awful lot of the Topps Originals 1/1 rookies have popped up for sale recently.

Members online

Latest posts