Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NOT hot: Lars Anderson Bowman Chrome Autographs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
is this guy going to be good? i've heard from some non-credible sources that this guy is a bust. I have no idea though.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
glad I sold a diamond king auto of his in the winter for 40. The guy is a class A ***** as well, by far the worst player I met this year.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Hard to be a bust when you are 20/21 in AA. Different players/ player types, but the stats that Hanley Ramirez put up as a 20/21 year old in Red Sox AA were eerily similar for the first 4 months of the same level for Lars.

I've built a stash this season at a fraction of the prices they were originally going for. If I were to sell today, I'd actually still take a loss, but I think that he really can't go down anymore.

Next year will be very interesting. He certainly can't do worse, and one year experience under his belt will surely help. Scouts seem to be split 50-50 on him.

I'm still a believer...today.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
cgilmo said:
a respected scout told BA's Jim Calis that he has an "old body" and will probably spend a lot of time hurt.

I have an old body Chris.. I don't stay injured.. Just sore and old. oh wait. .I am old. .nevermind..

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
baseballguy350 said:
Hard to be a bust when you are 20/21 in AA. Different players/ player types, but the stats that Hanley Ramirez put up as a 20/21 year old in Red Sox AA were eerily similar for the first 4 months of the same level for Lars.

I've built a stash this season at a fraction of the prices they were originally going for. If I were to sell today, I'd actually still take a loss, but I think that he really can't go down anymore.

Next year will be very interesting. He certainly can't do worse, and one year experience under his belt will surely help. Scouts seem to be split 50-50 on him.

I am still a believer as well. He had a tough time adjusting to AA, and was hurt (hamstring) this season. I think he's still got the skills to be productive, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a breakout year for Lars next season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into the next Pat Dodson.

As far as him being a "*****," I couldn't disagree more. I met him at the same event Beefy did, and he was very nice to everyone. Signed mutliples for me, talked to me and the wife and our friends and was very pleasant. After he was done signing, we stopped him for a photo, and he was very gracious and put his arm around me for a picture. I think he is a fine person, and his auto isn't half bad as some I have seen.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
bigpops65 said:
baseballguy350 said:

I am still a believer as well. He had a tough time adjusting to AA, and was hurt (hamstring) this season. I think he's still got the skills to be productive, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a breakout year for Lars next season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into the next Pat Dodson.

As far as him being a "*****," I couldn't disagree more. I met him at the same event Beefy did, and he was very nice to everyone. Signed mutliples for me, talked to me and the wife and our friends and was very pleasant. After he was done signing, we stopped him for a photo, and he was very gracious and put his arm around me for a picture. I think he is a fine person, and his auto isn't half bad as some I have seen.

Meeting a player at an event they are paid to be at or required to be at by the team is not a very accurate indication of whether they're a jerk or not.

Members online

Latest posts