Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Business must be verrrry slow at PSA...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
I am not usually a big grader, but I had a ton of gradeable Jeter Rookies that I wanted to send out. Usually, PSA is more desirable for the early 90s stuff, so I decided to go through them.

I sent 100 cards to PSA through their bulk service (usually 45 day turnaround max). They received the package on Tuesday. I got an email today that said the package shipped back to me.

3 day turnaround for their slowest service? I am still in shock.

Business must be very slow and they were happy that someone still wanted to use PSA for something.

Just thought I would share...

CP_C

Sep 11, 2009
That's great!

My last submission on a special took 48 days. Consider yourself lucky!

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
BunchOBull said:
Business isn't slow...it's just hit or miss. I have some cards at PSA that I miss dearly.

If that's the case, they really need to figure out a better system. I am not sure why they are putting my cards through the bulk service at the top of the queue when there are clearly other people waiting.

CP_C

Sep 11, 2009
yanxyanx said:
BunchOBull said:
Business isn't slow...it's just hit or miss. I have some cards at PSA that I miss dearly.

If that's the case, they really need to figure out a better system. I am not sure why they are putting my cards through the bulk service at the top of the queue when there are clearly other people waiting.

I agree 100%.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
CP_C said:
yanxyanx said:
BunchOBull said:

I agree 100%.

It has nothing to do with being slow. It has to do with what you send in. A bunch of Jeter rookies takes no time to
research. If you send in a bunch diffrent type cards or out of the ordinary it takes time to look them up make sure they
are legit and not just a stack of 93 SP Jeter rookies.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
yanxyanx said:
BunchOBull said:

Back in the day, I loved PSA because they would post the grades when the order was completed while BGS would wait until the due date....plus, 30 calendar days was the norm for PSA. BGS seems to release grades early these days from time to time.

However, we stopped using PSA because the turnaround time became way too unpredictable. Some orders with a handful of modern cards would be graded in 7 days and others in 70 days....with no apparent logical reason to account for the difference.

It would grind my gears to see someone post grades in 5 days and PSA was sitting on my order from 60+ days. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
Jack Straw said:
[quote="CP_C":2l5mv5n4]
yanxyanx said:
BunchOBull said:

I agree 100%.

It has nothing to do with being slow. It has to do with what you send in. A bunch of Jeter rookies takes no time to
research. If you send in a bunch diffrent type cards or out of the ordinary it takes time to look them up make sure they
are legit and not just a stack of 93 SP Jeter rookies.[/quote:2l5mv5n4]

This is good to know. I sent in 100 cards, but there were only about 5 different cards (60 of them were 1993 Topps).

So this makes sense. But still, a 3 day turnaround is quite impressive for their slowest bulk service.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
I sent in 31 cards for the PSA/DNA September Special and they received them on the 25. Well, on the 30th they are done and on the way back home. :D I can't complain.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
56 Aqueous Cards dropped off end of July- grades poped few days back

They rec'd my 7 packs end of July, Rec'd in hand a few days ago

PSA rec'd 9 cards early/mid Aug, grades just poped.

You got lucky !!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Recent poppage!

:D :D :D

134 1 15723102 MINT 9 1984-1991 O'CONNELL & SON INK MINI PRINTS 235 FRANK THOMAS Card US stoked...tough card...my only copy, expected the OC qualifier
135 1 15723103 MINT 9 1987 AUBURN TIGERS TIGER GREAT FRANK THOMAS Card US as expected...though a 10 was possible
136 1 15723104 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 AUBURN TIGERS TIGER GREAT FRANK THOMAS Card US as expected
137 1 15723105 GEM MINT 10 1987 AUBURN TIGERS TIGER GREAT FRANK THOMAS Card US POP 1! Very tough...huge for me
138 1 15723106 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1988 BALLPARK CAPE COD PROSPECTS 22 ORLEANS CARDINALS Card US as expected
139 1 15723107 MINT 9 1989 DONRUSS ALL-STARS 56 GREG MADDUX Card US sure-fire 10...only disappointment
140 1 15723108 GEM MINT 10 1990 DONN JENNINGS SOUTHERN LEAGUE ALL-STARS 46 F.THOMAS/J.CONINE Card US pretty sure these were a Pop 0 before these 2 popped...honestly thought it was a 9
141 1 15723109 GEM MINT 10 1990 DONN JENNINGS SOUTHERN LEAGUE ALL-STARS 46 F.THOMAS/J.CONINE Card US like before, figured it was a 9
142 1 15723110 GEM MINT 10 1990 PROCARDS GLOSSY 818 FRANK THOMAS BIRMINGHAM BARONS Card US SGC 92 crackout...was crossing fingers for the 9...even better...I think it's a pop 1

Members online

Latest posts