Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Case Hit in 1 pack from a fresh case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Let's say you are a store owner and open 1 pack from a fresh box/case of a product that has case hits and you hit the case hit in your 1 pack.

1. Would you open the rest of the box or leave it for your customers knowing that the case hit has been hit?

2. Open the rest of the case already knowing your customers wont hit the case hit?

3. Not care and just finish selling the product and not let your customers know you hit the case hit?

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Sell the rest of the product the way you normally would. If I ask a shop owner if anything was pulled from an already open box he usually tells me, "I don't know." I guess you could use the same policy and whether or not you know if there is any other hits in the box respond in the same way.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
beberly said:
Sell the rest of the product the way you normally would. If I ask a shop owner if anything was pulled from an already open box he usually tells me, "I don't know." I guess you could use the same policy and whether or not you know if there is any other hits in the box respond in the same way.

Even if it was the shop owner that opened that 1 pack?

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I'd open the rest of the opened box and sell the unopened boxes as I normally would.

If a customer would ask, "has anything good been pulled?"; I'd show he/she the card.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
With the way case hits sometimes fall 2 or even 3 per case in some product, I wouldn't feel bad about busting the rest of the box and then packing out the rest of the case. I would have a hard time selling "dead" packs unless the product was chock full of hits anyways. It's hard to really say without knowing the product information. If we're talking about a case like Legendary Cuts or Ginter where you're really only after the case hits then yeah, it would probably be in poor form to not advertise that you know the cut or rip card has been pulled. Just my two cents.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
If I were the dealer(had a store), I'd factor in the sale price of the hit I pulled, and discount the rest of the box's accordingly. Still making a profit, but giving a discount on the rest of the boxs. And everyone buying would know the reason.

So, for example...

If I had 20 box case that cost me $1000 and wanted to make $1250, I busted 1 and pulled a $500(sale value) card. This would leave me with 19 boxs and still $750 to make to hit my profit goal. This means instead of selling each box at $62.50 as origionally planned, I would sell at $40+/- and still get my intended profit.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I say you need a fourth option. My LCS owner always shows me what he has hit
from a case/box, because he is a collector too and likes to share/show off.

He also tells me what other customers have pulled from the same product.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
There is a local shop here I suspect of opening packs and getting the hit and then double stuffing the shelf boxes with a myriad of mixed packs from various boxes to give the illusion that its a fresh box.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I would go ahead and give the boxes away. After all, the store owner isn't in it to make any money. The guy doesn't have overhead or anything. People are afraid of others making money.

Does Topps email us all when the best superfractor is pulled from a set? They should let their customers know that the important card(s) have been pulled.

See I've had dealers say, nothing big has been pulled out of this case, I buy the last 4 boxes and hit a shield 1/1 of the 3rd best player in the set and sell the card for 2k. It goes both ways.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
bradical said:
There is a local shop here I suspect of opening packs and getting the hit and then double stuffing the shelf boxes with a myriad of mixed packs from various boxes to give the illusion that its a fresh box.
I have seen this done. I don't go to that shop anymore.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
By the way, as a shp owner, this is why you should not bust the product you are selling. And, should never reveal what you have seen pulled(not while it's live anyhow).

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Adamsince1981 said:
Jeff N. said:
I assume this has everything to do with Warren All-Star's post.

This is outright trolling, plain and simple, trying to call out a member without saying his name.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62527

hmmmmmmmm

This should be interesting.

I'm not gonna degrade the quality of this forum by flaming others because Andrew obviously has a problem with the fact that I busted a pack of Ballpark Collection & shared my good pull with the FCB members.

By his logic I'd have to open all my product once I know a "case hit" has been pulled. The fact that I pulled a case hit (my first one ever, thanks for busting my bubble Andrew) should make no difference, only the fact that I know a case hit has been pulled.

I will not butt heads with anyone online.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Jeff N. said:
I assume this has everything to do with Warren All-Star's post.

This is outright trolling, plain and simple, trying to call out a member without saying his name.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62527
I also don't think this is trolling. This is a legit question that I've never seen addressed on here before.

While I'm sure it was inspired by Warren's post, why would you accuse one of our most upstanding members of trolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts