Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contest: Fantasy Football Total (w/prize)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Another easy contest.

Guess how many points my Fantasy Football team will get. Closest without going over wins.

Last guess tomorrow at 12:59. Winner will be announced Monday morning.

Points so far through the season as a reference. ESPN has me projected at 149 this weekend ,but they are usually off.
Week 1: 126
Week 2: 103
Week 3: ??????

QB Drew Brees
RB Matt Forte
RB Ryan Grant
RB/WR Sean McCoy
WR Steve Smith (Giants)
WR Vincent Jackson
TE Kellen Winslow
OP Eli Manning
Defense Ravens
Kicker David Akers

Prize: Mario Manningham Topps Chrome Auto RC

MARM-08-AUC-U0.jpg

PS: Made a big trade today. Peyton manning and Randy Moss for Matt Forte and Vincent Jackson. I really needed a running back.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Another easy contest.

Guess how many points my Fantasy Football team will get. Closest without going over wins.

Last guess tomorrow at 12:30. Winner will be announced Monday morning.

Points so far through the season as a reference. ESPN has me projected at 149 this weekend ,but they are usually off.
Week 1: 126
Week 2: 103
Week 3: ??????

QB Drew Brees
RB Matt Forte
RB Ryan Grant
RB/WR Correll Buckhalter
WR Steve Smith (Giants)
WR Vincent Jackson
TE Dustin Keller
OP Eli Manning
Defense Ravens
Kicker David Akers

Prize: Mario Manningham Topps Chrome Auto RC

MARM-08-AUC-U0.jpg

PS: Made a big trade today. Peyton manning and Randy Moss for Matt Forte and Vincent Jackson. I really needed a running back.

:shock: :eek: I'm loving the contest but the shock is just too great in term's of what you gave up for Forte/V.Jackson!!! Oh man AKA, I could understand if this was a 1QB league but being a 2QB town I think you just ROYALLY screwed the pooch brother (not to mention R.Moss too???)...Whew! You probably could've gotten alot better of a deal, especially if you just held steady & awaited the upcoming bye weeks as manager's are usually frantically looking for replacement's, upgrade's, & trade's & having 2 player's who are at the top of thier position's could have landed you something "HUGE" in return (you could have probably landed Forte for Moss alone, which IMO is still questionable with Forte's play & the different style of play the Bears have adjusted to using now that J.Cutler is thier starting QB)! Well let me get back to the topic at hand (the contest), & GOOD LUCK with your team buddy! :D

Anyway, to the contest- 136 pts for ya bud!
Thx again AKA & take care-Dave. :D

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Yea, I figured my trade wouldn't go over to well ,but I had to shake it up a bit. Started off 0-2. I replaced Peyton with brother Eli. So I shouldn't lose to much there. I think Eli is really meshing with these young WR's. I really like Vincent Jackson and Rivers tandem and Brady just doesn't seem to have it together quite yet. Randy Moss is questionable for this Sunday (I still think he will play). Forte is much better than he's shown so far. If the passing game is going to work for the Bears they are going to have to get the running game going. No doubt on paper it looks like he got a great deal ,but I'm going with my gut.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I got Cedric Benson and Devery Henderson on the bench this weekend. Anyone think that's a bad idea? Would anyone play Winslow over Keller at the TE position?

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
I got Cedric Benson and Devery Henderson on the bench this weekend. Anyone think that's a bad idea? Would anyone play Winslow over Keller at the TE position?

IMO- "YES"! I'd play either of those over C.Buckhalter even though Moreno is going to be a game-time decision (remember they still have Peyton Hillis & LaMont Jordan which will both play). C.Benson does go against a stout Pittsburgh defense but if anything is valuable in fantasy football it is the amount of opportunities you get to touch the ball (in which Benson has already had 50 carries over the first 2 week's, showing he is one of the few "work-horse's" left in the NFL). I also like Devery Henderson as he has proven thus far to be the NO Saints deepball receiver, throw in the fact the are playing the Buffalo Bills & IMO Henderson becomes a solid #2WR this week or a must-start #3WR (I expect 70-100 yds & a probable TD). Buckhalter may "start" but why roll with that probability, especially considering he'll be running against a Raiders defense that has shown HUGE improvement this season (they damn near shutdown the Chargers running game in week 1: Tomlinson/Sproles rushed for a total of 77RuYds on 23 rushes= 3.3 yds per carry...then the Raiders defense held KC Chiefs RB Larry Johnson in Wk 2 to 78 RuYds on 24 carries= 3.3 yds per carry). My opinion of Buckhalter is he is far from the type of talent that LDT, LJ, & D.Sproles are & look what they got against the Raiders "D".... :? :D

Good Luck bud & I'd also play Winslow over D.Keller (he's the #1 offensive target on the entire Buccaneers team & has been targeted 5 times in Gm1 w/a TD & 7 times in Gm2 w/a TD...he's increased in target's, receiving yard's, & redzone target's each week & with the Bucs playing the Giants I would assume this trend will carry over & we'll see Winslow with an even more spectacular performance than last week)! The Jets will be running vs. the Titans this weekend, trying to control the clock against a stout defense when you've got a rookie QB is the only way to fly! ;) :D