Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long have you been using the Internet for cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
I was recently thinking about when I logged onto the Score website to get one of those Afficianado previews when it dawned on me that it was thirteen years ago.

Heck, the internet has only been "mainstream" (somewhat) for less than fifteen years.

I first started using AOL's boards for chatting and selling cards (about 1996) and then went to the Usenet internet boards (Hey Warren you remember Sprerock?) which then led to BMB. When BMB decided to "improve" ::facepalm:: the boards, I did like everyone and high tailed it here.

I actually remember a time when I would participate in PRIVATE EMAIL auctions. Yes auctions NOT on ebay.

I also remember a time, and I know no one will believe me, when ebay was good and paypal didnt exist :lol:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I used it a little in 2000, but not eBay. I didn't start using it full-time like I do now until early 2005 when I started on BMB and eBay.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Jeff Novell & I were terrorizing the Usenet Newsgroups about a decade ago or so. R.C.C.D. rec.collecting.cards.discuss

You could feel the heat from the flames in there :lol:

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Joined a message board in 2006

Bought stuff from other sites and the Beckett Marketplace before then.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Bought my first computer in 2000 at the age of 33. I can remember that I made my first ebay purchase within hours of turning the computer on for the first time. :)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Since the old AOL days. I've been "BunchOBull" since 1995 I believe. I remember joining in on the sports card chats back then. Joined eBay in February of 1998 if I remember correctly.

Jul 30, 2009
Many collectors dont know this but about ten years ago, when deals would go down via email instead of only ebay, beckett, naxcom, etc, there were "good dealers/traders" groups.

The purpose of these groups was obvious, kind of like a feedback system. You had to have good, solid refs from known members to get in.

I remember one was called The Inner Circle (TIC) and when you posted a sale your tag line would be something like 011873 (TIC)

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
My guess would be late 2000.

I remember buying every new JD Drew card and running up to the gas station to get a MO for every single purchase....great times.

Members online