Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How bad is the Angels bullpen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Terrible. As a Sox fan, I couldnt be happier, however, that we draw them in the first round.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
The Angels have been on cruise control lately, kinda like the Cubs were last year and you know how it ended for them. I like the Angels but I don't feel that they are a threat this year.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Rickzcards said:
The Angels have been on cruise control lately, kinda like the Cubs were last year and you know how it ended for them. I like the Angels but I don't feel that they are a threat this year.

As objectively as possible, I truthfully feel that they will not take a game from Boston in the 1st round. Terrible, terrible pitching doesnt equate to playoff success.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Why? They are 5-4 vs the Red Sox and their staff has allowed 40 runs in comparison to the 44 the Red Sox have allowed to the Angels. With Lester's status in the air, seems like a pretty ludicrous statement, and I am not even a fan of the Angels.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
As an Angels fan, I'm not too worried about the bullpen.

Brian Fuentes clearly is who I was hoping for when they signed him, but I like the starting staff a lot...especially the addition of Kazmir.

Now granted, the 6-run 9th isn't what I expect and shows that this clearly isn't the "shut down" bullpen that it has been in the past.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
last night was an aberration and the bullpen hasn't been as bad as their era's would suggest. since june or july; bulger, jepsen and oliver have been lights out. i am by no way pleased with how the entire team has performed of late but i am sure they got an ass chewing by scioscia after last night's game. last time that happened, they went on a terror.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
josh3302 said:
Uh, let's put it this way, The Rangers aren't out of it

The Rangers were done when Mike Young went down.

Kazmir is 1-3 since joining the angels.... he has a 2.02 era though.

Lackey/Kazmir/Weaver is a good 1-3, throw in Joe Saunders who seems to have found his groove and Ervin Santana who can beat anyone and you have a good staff.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
Why? They are 5-4 vs the Red Sox and their staff has allowed 40 runs in comparison to the 44 the Red Sox have allowed to the Angels. With Lester's status in the air, seems like a pretty ludicrous statement, and I am not even a fan of the Angels.

Last season the Angels were 8-1 against the Red Sox. And we all know how that ended in October :D

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
r2d2 said:
ProspectorsAdvantage said:

Last season the Angels were 8-1 against the Red Sox. And we all know how that ended in October :D

I think the Angels are a much better team this year, think Mike will set his lineup too come october instead of trying to get Matthews JR at bats when he sucks.

Rivera/Vlad/Hunter/Abreu should be the DH/OF rotation at all times.

Members online