Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential beginning of a new Cutch collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been looking to start a new player collection, with Jack Wilson's career winding down and his trade from the Pirates. I like to stick with homegrown Pirates players, and players without too many cards already out there. I've enjoyed watching Cutch play, and he fits my criteria. I doubt I'll ever be willing to spend what it takes to go after any of his higher end cards, so but it should be a nice little side project to collect. If anybody has any cards available, including base, I'd likely be interested.

Now for the good stuff...Andrew was doing a signing at a PNC Bank yesterday, and I was able to get a couple of pieces signed. I doubt there are too many of his MLB debut tickets out there, since the game was a Thursday day game, and he had only been called up about 12 hours before the game. I also got the stub signed from his 3HR game, but looks like I forgot to scan it.

cutchdebut.jpg
cutch.jpg

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks guys. My main focus will still be on Jack and Pirate autos, but it'll be nice to have another player collection of someone still in the Pirate lineup. I thought about collecting McLouth prior to last season, and Snell the year before, but neither ever took off.

I'll never be willing to shell out the money for any of Cutch's higher end stuff, but I'll be happy focusing on his base and parallels.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
He seemed like a very friendly, down to earth person the couple of times I have met him. Then again, it might be hard to develop an ego when you're playing in front of crowds of 2-3,000 people like the Pirates have this week.

cammy collector said:
sweet additions! I've always been a fan of his, he seems like a cool guy. talked with him a few years ago via Myspace lol

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
tramers - To say I'm jealous would be an understatement. I'm always blown away by the amount of stuff you have of the guys who passed through Hickory...just wish more of them were still with the Pirates.

BTW, I finally got around to organizing all my Pirates cards and making a website for them (I posted the beta version of the site in a thread yesterday). If you might want to trade doubles of base cards at some point, let me know, though I find it hard to believe there are any Pirate cards that you don't already have :lol:

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
over 35,000 pirates plus 10,000 former crawdads . still haven't got caught up abc them all . the A names 800 plus , Bay about 1200. just picked up over 1000 last two weeks alot were 90's I didn't have / 20 were autoed. Sadly we are not Pirates now but still play them [WV] .
remember now I have 350 plus signed baseballs , 50 cracked bats, NO idea IP's on cards etc.
I have alot of fun acting up with players gf's some stop traffic . One coach couldn't sign for a moment and the away team stopped leaving field just to look!!
As for trading BEWARE what you ask for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
my newer bucket shows this years pick ups.[168]

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Haha...I would never dream of trying to pry any of those ex-Crawdads from you. I'm not looking to risk my life :cool:

Of course, with 35,000, there may not be much I have that you don't. I think I'm only around 5-6000. I never should have left the team collectors group on the BMB. Oh well...

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
that's the group i'm in on private site now !!! we just had a convention in Baltimore had 8 different collectors at game - balti/ Red sox. I can use a second tier.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
If you get a chance, let me know the details. I was in when it was originally started on the BMB, but stopped participating after people started having too many disputes amongst the group. I might be interested in getting back in on the second tier.

With there being no new Jack Wilson cards, and my Pirate auto collection hitting a bit of a wall, I'm starting to turn back to base cards. Only problem is that most people just have their base sitting in boxes unsorted or untouched.

Latest posts