Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

O's fans Cesar Izturis is now our starting SS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Not sure how I feel about this but I guess he was the best option out there for the money we got him for and he is only 28...

If he hits .260 and plays great defense I guess I'll be content. Still not sure :?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Well I know Russ won't like me for saying this but he's better than 3 of the SS we used last year. ANYBODY is better than Juan Castro. I was hoping they'd give Alex Cintron more of a shot. He has some good contact

Terry said:
Not a fan of this move. I knew it was coming, but I just don't like it.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
markakis8 said:
Well I know Russ won't like me for saying this but he's better than 3 of the SS we used last year. ANYBODY is better than Juan Castro. I was hoping they'd give Alex Cintron more of a shot. He has some good contact

Terry said:
Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit.
Already in the process of moving my Hernandez stuff .... :|
I was hoping with Cintron's show in the Latin Leagues this fall, he'd get more of a shot too.
I picked up a '00 Topps Traded Auto RC in Oct. for like $5 DLVD.. :)
But anyways, I just hope Izturis can do be a decent salvation at SS until we can bring one of our own guys up.
(Adams would be nice. ;) )

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yah I was hoping we would've drafted a SS this year but I understood why we took Matusz. Here's to hoping Izturis can do the job...

Russ S. said:
markakis8 said:

Terry said:
Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit.
Already in the process of moving my Hernandez stuff .... :|
I was hoping with Cintron's show in the Latin Leagues this fall, he'd get more of a shot too.
I picked up a '00 Topps Traded Auto RC in Oct. for like $5 DLVD.. :)
But anyways, I just hope Izturis can do be a decent salvation at SS until we can bring one of our own guys up.
(Adams would be nice. ;) )

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Um, have fun..

Really good fielder, but is it worth it if he can't hit?

S

stanthemanmusial

One thing about it, I always dreaded seeing him come to the plate for the Cards, because I knew it almost always was an automatic out. Good glove, aweful bat.

Nothing personal towards Cesar the individual, but I'm sure glad he is gone, in hopes that our offense can improve at short. Not sure it could get much worse than what we had for 2007-2008 at the SS position.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
like i said, anybody is better than juan castro.

Skorris (CCBC) said:
Um, have fun..

Really good fielder, but is it worth it if he can't hit?

G

O's fans Cesar Izturis is now our starting SS.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online