Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stupid Payapl question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Can someone explain to me why all of a sudden, one would have money that is pending and not immeaditley available after a sale? I have not sold many cards, but all the times I have, the money is available right away. Now it is "pending". Can anyone explain. Thanks in advance for all help.

Hwilensky

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
I dont think so, this is what it says.

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
If you have feedback over 100 or have a certain DSR, you'll never have to worry about it. If not, sometimes you will have to wait a little for your money.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Philip J. Fry said:
If you have feedback over 100 or have a certain DSR, you'll never have to worry about it. If not, sometimes you will have to wait a little for your money.
Wow! That's some BS right there.

Never knew that before.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Thanks for the help guys. Being relatively new to the whole ebay thing, my rating ins way under a 100. So I guess I wait.

Thanks again guys,

Hwilensky

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Hwilensky said:
Thanks for the help guys. Being relatively new to the whole ebay thing, my rating ins way under a 100. So I guess I wait.

Thanks again guys,

Hwilensky

They used to have a detailed explanation for it, and I couldn't find the topic. I know you need at least 100 positive feedback or 10/15 DSR ratings. I'm not too sure about the last part but I know it deals with that.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Yeah eBay and PayPal have changed somethings and they have confused shippers
into thinking they need to insure all the stuff now and so I have been charged 3 times this weekend
alone for insurance, and shipping. But if you read the rules in said you have to include insurance
but you can't charge the buyer. You are to included it into you price, but it can't be a separate charge.

And everything over 250.00 needs delivery conformation, but again 2 of the 3 sellers charged me on the
invoice for insurance which they both said it was for D/C since it is now required for everything under 250.00
I was like what the heck you talking about.

I really think eBay has gone off the deep end.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Pine Tar said:
Yeah eBay and PayPal have changed somethings and they have confused shippers
into thinking they need to insure all the stuff now and so I have been charged 3 times this weekend
alone for insurance, and shipping. But if you read the rules in said you have to include insurance
but you can't charge the buyer. You are to included it into you price, but it can't be a separate charge.

And everything over 250.00 needs delivery conformation, but again 2 of the 3 sellers charged me on the
invoice for insurance which they both said it was for D/C since it is now required for everything under 250.00

Pine Tar, you need delivery confirmation on EVERY purchase. Even if the item is $.99, if you can't prove it was delivered, the buyer can file a chargeback.

The $250 threshold is for needing SIGNATURE confirmation. Having delivery confirmation is not enough if the buyer paid more than $250 for the item. You need to be able to show proof of signature receipt of the package.

And as far as the insurance thing, the seller can't make the insurance charge optional. That's what they intend by not allowing it to be a separate charge. But it can certainly be included in their total shipping fee.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jeff D said:
[quote="Pine Tar":3r9rhsjn]Yeah eBay and PayPal have changed somethings and they have confused shippers

Pine Tar, you need delivery confirmation on EVERY purchase. Even if the item is $.99, if you can't prove it was delivered, the buyer can file a chargeback.

The $250 threshold is for needing SIGNATURE confirmation. Having delivery confirmation is not enough if the buyer paid more than $250 for the item. You need to be able to show proof of signature receipt of the package.

And as far as the insurance thing, the seller can't make the insurance charge optional. That's what they intend by not allowing it to be a separate charge. But it can certainly be included in their total shipping fee.[/quote:3r9rhsjn]

Jeff yes but it is on my invoices as a separate charge. and it is an ebay invoice as well.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Jeff D":2j7gxrsg][quote="Pine Tar":2j7gxrsg]Yeah eBay and PayPal have changed somethings and they have confused shippers

And as far as the insurance thing, the seller can't make the insurance charge optional. That's what they intend by not allowing it to be a separate charge. But it can certainly be included in their total shipping fee.[/quote:2j7gxrsg]

Jeff yes but it is on my invoices as a separate charge. and it is an ebay invoice as well.[/quote:2j7gxrsg]

The new policy started the week of the 22nd. Ebay has since removed any option of including separate insurance charges in listings and on invoices. If it's actually on the ebay invoice, I can only guess that it was a listing from before September 22nd.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jeff D said:
[quote="Pine Tar":2nx4fe71][quote="Jeff D":2nx4fe71][quote="Pine Tar":2nx4fe71]Yeah eBay and PayPal have changed somethings and they have confused shippers

And as far as the insurance thing, the seller can't make the insurance charge optional. That's what they intend by not allowing it to be a separate charge. But it can certainly be included in their total shipping fee.[/quote:2nx4fe71]

Jeff yes but it is on my invoices as a separate charge. and it is an ebay invoice as well.[/quote:2nx4fe71]

The new policy started the week of the 22nd. Ebay has since removed any option of including separate insurance charges in listings and on invoices. If it's actually on the ebay invoice, I can only guess that it was a listing from before September 22nd.[/quote:2nx4fe71]

I got but of these invoices on the 25th. I don't care about the extra dollar on each, it is just the point.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Jeff D":1pwvy8fb]

The new policy started the week of the 22nd. Ebay has since removed any option of including separate insurance charges in listings and on invoices. If it's actually on the ebay invoice, I can only guess that it was a listing from before September 22nd.

I got but of these invoices on the 25th. I don't care about the extra dollar on each, it is just the point.[/quote:1pwvy8fb]

If this says that you got the invoice on the 25th, the listing probably started before the 22nd, so the policy was not yet in effect.

And regardless, you're likely going to pay that extra dollar under the new policy as well, because the seller will just roll the insurance cost into their shipping/handling charge. We all can expect to see an increase in overall shipping charges over the next few months.
That is unless more sellers decide to eat the costs in favor of the improved "best match" order from offering free shipping. Or fear the increase in shipping charges will drop their DSR ratings.

Members online