Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just curious - would you say this is real or fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
With all the fake patches in the hobby today - and all the topics regarding fake patches - I thought I would post this up.

If you saw this card on eBay, would you say real or fake?

normal_authentixlogo.jpg

Note: This card is in fact real (I pulled it myself in 2005 and it sits in my PC). Regardless, if you knew nothing of the authenticity of the card beforehand - would you presume it to be fake?

To be honest with the current state of patches for sale on eBay, I would be leery if I knew nothing in advance.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I would assume it's fake because it says Game Worn "Jersey" and not "Patch."
However, since you pulled the card, it shows that it's difficult to know what's real and what's fake.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
That is why People buy fakes still!! Because of pulls like this. Before I bought singles I bought a lot of wax and would pull patches of cards that stated jersey, so when I would go to ebay and see other cards with patches on it (When they stated jersey) I dint think nothing of it. I wasnt till I recieved the card and started to notice damaged windows and other things. Then I started to search around and study the cards more closley and that is when I found BMB and then started to read what people were posting "about fakes ". Then I went over all my cards and unfortunatly found a bunch of my patches were not real. Im sure a lot of them were real and a lot of them were fake. I had to clean out my collection and I literally started over. When this site opened and I knew people here that also had knowledge of fakes and felt a little more comfortable collecting patches again. Im sure I have picked up a few more questionable cards but I have been very very careful with what I pick up and if I get it and it look weird at all (Yes I use a loupe to look at the inside edges and splits) I immediatly send it back letting the seller know the problem. I have only had to do that 3 times so far and that was in the beginning of my new patch quest. It's been a while since I have had to send anything back. Thanks to people on this site I have saved a lot of money!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I would say its real because that card isn't worth it to fake. The cards to worry about are the 5-10% of those
cards where the patch addition significantly raises the price.

Kevin

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
This is one of the reasons I PC'd my Bernie. I don't think I would believe it was real if I hadn't pulled it myself. The few that I've seen on Ebay have all been one color black patches.

2004SPGUPBWilliamsPatchAuto.jpg

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
mlbsalltimegreats said:
That is why People buy fakes still!! Because of pulls like this. Before I bought singles I bought a lot of wax and would pull patches of cards that stated jersey, so when I would go to ebay and see other cards with patches on it (When they stated jersey) I dint think nothing of it. I wasnt till I recieved the card and started to notice damaged windows and other things. Then I started to search around and study the cards more closley and that is when I found BMB and then started to read what people were posting "about fakes ". Then I went over all my cards and unfortunatly found a bunch of my patches were not real. Im sure a lot of them were real and a lot of them were fake. I had to clean out my collection and I literally started over. When this site opened and I knew people here that also had knowledge of fakes and felt a little more comfortable collecting patches again. Im sure I have picked up a few more questionable cards but I have been very very careful with what I pick up and if I get it and it look weird at all (Yes I use a loupe to look at the inside edges and splits) I immediatly send it back letting the seller know the problem. I have only had to do that 3 times so far and that was in the beginning of my new patch quest. It's been a while since I have had to send anything back. Thanks to people on this site I have saved a lot of money!

The Pierce in your sig passed your inspection?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Skorris CCBC said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:

The Pierce in your sig passed your inspection?

That Pierce is insane!! Is that the 9/11 logo??

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
In actuality this isn't a true "patch" anyway; it's no thicker than a regular jersey piece and I'm assuming it came from the small Majestic logo on the sleeve.

Members online

Latest posts