Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tigers VS Twins Series Thread 9/28-10/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The playoffs ain't big enough for the both of us....so how about a 4 game head to head showdown at Comerica in Detroit?

The Tigers are up 2 games on Minnesota.

Considering that this is the closest race in the Majors right now, I think it's safe to say that this is the biggest series of the season in all of baseball (at least up to this point).

Porcello vs. Blackburn tonight at 7:05 Eastern Time.

Let's do this.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Scenarios:

Tigers Sweep: Tigers Clinch division title.

Tigers take 3 of 4: Tigers Clinch division title.

Split Series: Tigers maintain 2 game lead with a magic number of 2.

Twins take 3 of 4: Twins claim share of first place, division will be decided by final 3 games of the season (Tigers play White Sox, Twins play KC).

Twins Sweep: 4 game swing, Twins take the division lead with a 2 game lead and a magic number of 2.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Of course, I would love a sweep, but I don't think it'll happen. Twins have got to get a split or take 3 to keep the hope alive. Even with a split, then the Sox have to sweep the Tigers, while the Twins sweep the Royals....

Man, there's too much that has to happen for this to work out for the Twins. And guess what, the division winner gets a free trip to Yankee Stadium to play two in the Bronx! Yikes! Still, I'll be watching every minute I can.

Frow

Greg Cleveland said:
Of course, I would love a sweep, but I don't think it'll happen. Twins have got to get a split or take 3 to keep the hope alive. Even with a split, then the Sox have to sweep the Tigers, while the Twins sweep the Royals....

Man, there's too much that has to happen for this to work out for the Twins. And guess what, the division winner gets a free trip to Yankee Stadium to play two in the Bronx! Yikes! Still, I'll be watching every minute I can.

There's no way they'll sweep if they keep walking Liriano out there.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
And just to ~cheer up~ Twins fans, you get to look forward to Greinke again on Friday.

Alex

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
matchpenalty said:
I like wicked Nick going tonight. Twins must win 3 out of 4 our it's over. Any national Tv on any of these games?

I wish they would put at least one of these games on ESPN, but the only TV they are getting is on the local FSN channels.

MLB.TV is clutch though.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Can't wait for tonight. It is really windy here today though, wonder how that will effect the game.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Doesn't matter to me! I got my HD computer screen and MLB.tv :cool:

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
matchpenalty said:
I like wicked Nick going tonight. Twins must win 3 out of 4 our it's over. Any national Tv on any of these games?

I wish they would put at least one of these games on ESPN, but the only TV they are getting is on the local FSN channels.

MLB.TV is clutch though.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
This is gonna be one heck of a series!!! But with Porcello & Verlander going I can't imagine a sweep.... I predict a split, I hope for 3/4 for the Tigers and we can finally get ready for the playoffs.

I will say this I have gained more and more respect for these Twins! They have alot of heart that's for sure.

Shep :ugeek:

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I'm really excited for this series! Thank goodness for MLB.tv. I'll be rooting for the Twins, but all in all I just wanna see a good series between two good teams who are fighting for something.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Should be a great series! Hopefully Blackburn can keep the ball down tonight and can get some run support.

It's time to step up or step out :!:

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I was looking forward to the game. They were having a 25th reunion for the 1984 championship team tonight.

The game has been rescheduled for Noon tomorrow and then they will still play the 7:00PM game as well. I have tickets for the second game. I would entertain taking in both games but tomorrow's weather is suppose to be just like today's weather.

I don't know what to do. I got a two hour drive to the ballpark. I don't want to drive all the way there only to go home without watching a game. Frickin' Michigan weather.

Members online

Latest posts